What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wiki, Monaghan to test player market

greeneyed

First Grade
The CT on Monday had a comprehensive list of when all current players are contracted to.

As far as Im aware Schif signed on for another three years last year was it?

Miller I read about in the paper today as resigning for another two, Drew we all know is until next year, robbo possibly, we need that list to know for sure and I havent been able to find it yet.

If we cant fit Wiki and Monoghan under the cap the Nrl is bullsh*t. Look at the Roosters team compared to us. Maybe there should be allowances for clubs out of town and i think it is hard for the management to keep players because of Canberra's location, climate etc. and also rep selection doesnt help. when we get a good halfback it will change things. ALOT... just reading i think Wiki is gooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeee... if we lose him we must sign brent kite!!!

raidersman

Juniors
wots so good about kite? Hes not better than weyman, cross, miller, etc! How bout we spend it on signing a decent half

thickos

First Grade
ball boy said:
and can you post the list please

Yeah I second that come on greeneyed post the list 8)

I know PNG Steve is off contract at the end of this year... he told me after the match on Saturday. Rhino is off contract end of next year, so is Schif and Davico and Drew. Gonna be a bad year next year! :cry:

lolesi

First Grade
I really cant see Wiki and Mona leaving you blokes, its just bout getting an extra 5 to 6 %.
Im confident they both will resign come June 30

RaidersMalt

Juniors
I hope you are right Jamaal.

Its probably similar to Orford. After Hawkins spoke to him, he said Orford was never intereseted in leaving, just wanted to push his salary up a bit.

thickos

First Grade
Its exactly what big Joel said after the game when they were celebrating - 'I want to stay, the manager is just trying to jack up the price'

woodgers

Bench
I know this may sound crazy, but I reckon Ruben is the #1 priority ahead of Joel. We all saw what happened to us while the Muss was suspended, if he leaves the wheels will fall off. I know that the age factor will probably be the sticking point but we can't afford to go back to where we were 3 years ago. Joel will be useless in a side getting spanked week in, week out.

Besides, Ruben has been loyal throughout his whole career. How would he feel if the club put him 2nd on the list to an up and comer, when he has been the Best and most consistant player for at least the last 5 years now?

jed

First Grade
In his 7 games so far this season he's made 119 hit-ups (only Schif with 199 and Hodgo with 171 have made more, and both of them have played in every match), and has averaged 27 tackles per game - irrespective of whether he leaves at the end of this season or in another 3 or so years, his loss going to leave a tremendous hole in our forward pack.

Definitely though he has to be our #1 priority though. Particularly after he fought to stay with us in the 90's.

I agree with alot of the other posts and am 99% sure they're just trying to get more money out of the Raiders. Actually I don't think Monaghan and Wiki are, I think that shameless dog of a player agent is. What a knob to come out and say we need better players for Joel to stay. The guy obviously doesn't have a clue and I'd love to run into him on the street with a cricket bat at my disposal.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Besides, Ruben has been loyal throughout his whole career. How would he feel if the club put him 2nd on the list to an up and comer, when he has been the Best and most consistant player for at least the last 5 years now?

well said
Muss is #1 for mine with monnas getting a close 2nd anyone else is expendable

Raider Azz

Bench
Skippy The Bush Kangadrew said:
I agree with alot of the other posts and am 99% sure they're just trying to get more money out of the Raiders. Actually I don't think Monaghan and Wiki are, I think that shameless dog of a player agent is. What a knob to come out and say we need better players for Joel to stay. The guy obviously doesn't have a clue and I'd love to run into him on the street with a cricket bat at my disposal.

:clap: I agree 100%

jed

First Grade
all true, but until they put pen to paper, there's still a chance that they'll play in other colors next season.

greeneyed

First Grade
thickos said:
ball boy said:
and can you post the list please

Yeah I second that come on greeneyed post the list 8)

I know PNG Steve is off contract at the end of this year... he told me after the match on Saturday. Rhino is off contract end of next year, so is Schif and Davico and Drew. Gonna be a bad year next year! :cry:

I don't have Monday's paper anymore... I'll see what I can do in getting it from work....