What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will 2014 be any better?

Matchball

Bench
Holy Crap !! Good Luck , I think they are a fair chance of getting there :)

Two and a half to make you laugh.

I kicked myself for having nothing on the Tigers for 05, previous years have was having a thousand to win the comp.
I left Australia in mid 05 and didn't get on. My big Pay day slipped by.

R2Coupe

Juniors
We have these things in our favour

1. Mayer as CEO (the best recruitment decision we've made?)
2. Kidwell, Payten, Fletcher, Webster and Head in the coaching dept. Big tick
3. A team on the rise - lots of outstanding young talent to develop.
4. An outstanding junior dev. system
5. A more united club with good supporters

One of the best coaches/scouts and has consistently been so for many years in Greg Lenton. Marshall, Te'o. Kahu, Isacc Lui, Sam Moa, BMM, Bodene, Kurtis Rowe, Hoeter, Dallas Graham plus the 7 or 8 who joined WTs following the GIO Cup win. Simply an outstanding effort.

TYGA

Juniors
We have these things in our favour

1. Mayer as CEO (the best recruitment decision we've made?)
2. Kidwell, Payten, Fletcher, Webster and Head in the coaching dept. Big tick
3. A team on the rise - lots of outstanding young talent to develop.
4. An outstanding junior dev. system
5. A more united club with good supporters

One of the best coaches/scouts and has consistently been so for many years in Greg Lenton. Marshall, Te'o. Kahu, Isacc Lui, Sam Moa, BMM, Bodene, Kurtis Rowe, Hoeter, Dallas Graham plus the 7 or 8 who joined WTs following the GIO Cup win. Simply an outstanding effort.

1. Agree GM is proven with Manly and Dogz.
2. Coach Potter is bordering on a disaster and wont have long to prove his worth. Hope he does well though.
3. Juniors are very good however, we have too many projected in the starting lineup.
4. Agree
5. Agree

I'd be surprised if we are any better than 10th but the back line is exciting to watch: Teddy, Nofo, Koro, Lawrence, Simona, Richards, Brooks. We are lackinga 5/8 options are shameful.

Forwards are OK: Woods, Galloway, Farah, Blair,Fulton, BMM, Siro.

The rest are depth players but Tapau, Gavet, Paterson, Sue, AVA may surprise.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
The rest are depth players but Tapau, Gavet, Paterson, Sue, AVA may surprise.

So far I have been quite impressed with the new guys. Tapau, Gavet and Paterson I think will all be in the 17 with Sue and Ava there abouts. Certainly they will be creating enough pressure on our other forwards to perform.

Gavet has that level of aggression I like and in the absence of Sironen may start out in the back row.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I am probably opening myself up here but I think Robbie Farah needs to take stock of where he is at. I don't know if he is tired, whether his attitude needs adjusting or he is in some conflict with Potter but he just doesn't seem right to me.

He might be the Blues number 13 but I'd put a few players ahead of him at the moment. I really hope he lifts once the season proper begins. His attack seems off and so do some of his decisions....

We really need him to lift if we are going to have a good year.

I am probably opening myself up here but I think Robbie Farah needs to take stock of where he is at. I don't know if he is tired, whether his attitude needs adjusting or he is in some conflict with Potter but he just doesn't seem right to me.

He might be the Blues number 13 but I'd put a few players ahead of him at the moment. I really hope he lifts once the season proper begins. His attack seems off and so do some of his decisions....

He was just being conservative to avoid injury and never looked to take control.

Tiger05

First Grade

To me Farah & Anasta are the 2 biggest risks for this season. You would think it would be Brooks and whoever gets the 6 role or the forwards but I really see these 2 as having the biggest chance of stuffing us.

I don't want Anasta out there at all and Robbie needs to take as few poor options as possible.

Tigers Tale, if what you say is true and taking into account his workload last year trying to run the show whilst Benji went missing, flying the 3 SOO games and then the end of season tour, maybe he is worried about the 6 & 7 - who knows?

Maybe the coaching staff is concerned about the 6 & 7 - who knows?

I am probably opening myself up here but I think, that is why the Tigers will play Anasta at 7 until Brooks is 110% - or I hate to think it, but maybe we will carry Brooks on the bench for a few rounds to ease him into it, enabling Anasta to move to 6 or 13.

:cry:

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Part of the problem (as I see it) for Farah is the ongoing problems we have at 7 and 6. I believe Brooks can and should start the season at 7 (barring injuries) and he will continue to grow.

The 6 position is another problem. I think it is going to be Anasta but I could live with Austin. He may have had a shocker on the weekend in the 9's and his defence is a bit suspect but he is young and can develop some type of partnership with Brooks.

Back to Farah though, I think he tries too hard because he doesn't have faith, or he didn't last year, in those playing 7 or 6. He tries to control the game in positions where the hooker should be using his 7 or 6. The sooner we have a controlling 7 the sooner Farah can concentrate on his own role in the team.

Just my thoughts anyway....

I agree with you and I did write
maybe he is worried about the 6 & 7 - who knows?
Even with Benji at his best there was always an issue about taking control at 6 or 7 and the Tigers have not had that since umm, Prince perhaps.

Many people hope, wish and pray that young Brooks is the answer - he won't be allowed to be the answer if he has a shocker or 2 and Farah in his frustration, tries to run the show.

So back to Potter, Kidwell and Payten and their leadership.

DanOz

Juniors
Give it a chance people. Farah had to take control when Benji played 7 because Benji was never a real halfback. Hopefully Brooks will allow Farah to play his own game.

TYGA

Juniors

Have Faith.

Farah for NSW has been in the top 3 in all games last 2 yrs with Gallen, Bird and Lewis. He has to come back to the rabble that has been WT hence the performance. Trust me with Marshall gone he will fire. How bout some forwards that don't get smashed. He was taking hit ups last year. Anyone remember Mason laughing at him and our pack last year?

Our problem is coaching and lack of power: raw Strength and Explosion in the forwards not size. Woods, Galloway, Blair are not small humans.

super_coach

First Grade
Farah's been one of Brooks biggest fan. Last year on a few occasions he came out in the press gave him massive raps and basically said he was the no7 the club has been screaming out for since Prince departed. So with that in mind, I think when they both get on the field together you will see Farah give Brooks the chance to take a lot of the play making calls.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is it possible that Farah's lack of involvement in the 9's a sign that he's been working on letting others run the show more?

Probably reading into it too much, but I certainly hope thats the case.

super_coach

First Grade
Is it possible that Farah's lack of involvement in the 9's a sign that he's been working on letting others run the show more?

Probably reading into it too much, but I certainly hope thats the case.

A lot of things footballers do are instinctive, so to teach a old dog new tricks is usually a big ask

Latest posts