What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

will EL masri beat Johns points scoring record?

Transporter2

Juniors
HI,

its almost halfway through season & EL magic needs another 100 or so points to beat Andrew Johns pointscoring record,

the Dogs arent scoring many points EL masris not playing many games,

Im a Knights fan & would like Andrew Johns to keep the record, But Good luck to EL magic if he gets the record,
Luke Burt might get there anyway, hes only 300 points behind.

The Colonel

Immortal
Luke Burt might get there anyway, hes only 300 points behind.

1100 points behind. He only just passed one thousand points for the Eels.

Fitzgibbon and Lockyer are the two next closest current serving players behind El Masri. Neither would be close enough at this stage.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
He'll get there without too much issue. He should be recovered from his injury soon enough.

Raider_69

Post Whore
if he doesnt do it this year, he'll do it next
assuming the dogs are not looking to offload him to the ESL

The Colonel

Immortal
Why though would they keep him Timmah? They look to be sending the broom through the place and while has played some ok football and been injured, 32 yr old 178 cm wingers are becoming a thing of the past. ;-)

Timmah

Staff member
It would be a crying shame if they turfed him before the year is out... I see little use for him in 2009 to be honest, we have at least two sufficient goalkickers and if we *winces* get Noddy we have another option with the boot too.

The Colonel

Immortal
Maybe be a shame Timmah but Nanai has been more effective on the wing then Utai and El Masri combined. For a team that lacks try scoring options and speed the two pint szed wingers may need to be sacrificed.

Timmah

Staff member
Oh I have no doubt about that. If we don't see Hughes beyond this year, Utai should be moved to (bench) hooker (behind Sully) or if not, simply moved on.

I'm starting to get excited about this club believe it or not - I get the feeling 2009 will be a great year as we re-build. This year, as much as it hurts, already appears to be a write off - or it will be, as long as we have an injury list like this:

The official injury list:
Andrew Emelio (Knee) Indefinite
Luke Patten (Back) Indefinite (ongoing assessment)
Sonny Bill Williams (Cork Thigh) Round 10
Ben Roberts (Hamstring) Round 10-11
Daryl Millard (Knee) Round 11 (tests this week)
Kane Cleal (Hip) Indefinite (further tests)
Danny Williams (Knee) Round 10-11
Brad Morrin (Ribs) Round 10-11
Willie Tonga (Shoulder Reconstruction) Forever
Justin Tsoulos (Shoulder) Indefinite
Brent Crisp (Back) Indefinite (scan this week)
Hazem El Masri (Hamstring) Round 10-11 (fitness test)

...or a halfback like this:

0,,5994049,00.jpg

Dogaholic

First Grade
I agree with The Colonel. No room for sentiment.

Nanai, Winitana, Crisp should be first choice when fit.

As for Hughes, he has been better than Sullivan.

It would be a crying shame if they turfed him before the year is out... I see little use for him in 2009 to be honest, we have at least two sufficient goalkickers and if we *winces* get Noddy we have another option with the boot too.

hhahah

he missed 5/5 in a 2002 semi.

useless twat.

Timmah

Staff member
:O

He missed all kicks in one game six years ago :crazy:

I don't like the guy but geez you're drawing straws there.

Timmah

Staff member
I agree with The Colonel. No room for sentiment.

Nanai, Winitana, Crisp should be first choice when fit.

As for Hughes, he has been better than Sullivan.

Patten before Crisp IMO.

Ideal backline would be Patten, Nanai, Winitana, Millard, Crisp?

Raider_69

Post Whore
I only suggested El Mazri being shipped to the ESL since i dont rate him, what is it with canterbury and producing these sorts of slow, ordinary wingers?
They need pace and they need it asap.

Crispy is looking ok, im pleased too, he was looking a decent prospect for the raiders PL side a few years ago. Had wondered what happened to him mid off season last year actually.

Ryan

Juniors
Hasem El Masri is a credit to this game, and The Bulldogs - pure class.
And I support Manly. He's the type of player other teams fans can appreciate regardless of who we support.

Latest posts