What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Hayne be alright

akers

Juniors
i have to say that to me both hayne and keating will be ok....hayne seems to know he is going to get him and lifts his knees to miss him,also the ball was there as a result of a kick so it is not like previous incidents where the player has the ball in their hand and then a defender comes in with knees as they ground it.In haynes case it was a 50-50 ball...
matt keating was grabbing hannants arm as he was falling so he did not do it as the player was on the ground..thats my view anyway

cgee221

Juniors
I'd like to raise my thoughts about the Hayne and Keating incidents from last night and why they should not be suspended.

Hayne will be fine, he didn't go in with his feet and the ball was kicked! Ball was there for anyone to collect (and let's face it...Goodwin was being a bit soft)

Hannant milked it. Keating doesn't deserve to be suspended for that, Adam Blair got off for worse than that....the fact Hannant was falling in the tackle and Keating had a loose grip will help him, but there was no malice in the tackle whatsoever.

If the NRL has got half a brain, they'll give Parramatta every chance of winning it. They stand to make millions off it if they do. (Ticketsales for next year, merchandise, the story of the underdog, etc) The 'fairytale' story will create not only interest in a team who hasn't won in 23 years (a proud club with great tradition who has come so close, yet so far since that time), but for other teams in the future to replicate Parra's efforts in 2009. A new standard and never say die attitude has been established and the bar has been further raised. Now more than ever, ANYONE CAN WIN IT!!

It will create more interest in the game itself, and so called fans won't write off their team as easily in the future. The fact that Hayne is now also the unofficial face of the game, gives the NRL unlimited ability to sell the game. I know from people in my life alone, who have no concept of rugby league are interested in Jarryd Hayne, as I'm sure the rest of you do too.

If either incident was malicious, then I would agree, suspensions would be fair, however neither of them were.

Parramatta this year typifies why rugby league is the greatest game of all, and the NRL should look at our team as a way to continue to grow the game, and that starts by giving our team the best chance of winning it, by allowing us to field our best possible team.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Well Melbourne have been getting a leg up by the NRL for years, and if Keating gets suspended for something less than which the Storm did week in week out for 3 years that will just about do me. Blair got off recently for something worse.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
What about the Melbourne player that tried to rip off Cayless' arm in 2007 and played in the Grand Final? That was much much worse. As a result that Melbourne player won a premiership ring and Cayless was ruled out of the Kiwi tour to England.

Melbourne can whinge all they like if Hayne and Keating play, they are scum and do exactly the same stuff if not a lot worse and get away with it. Hope we smash them, assuming they win tonight.

CrazyEel

Bench
Goodwin is apparently going to support Hayne at the judiciary if he does get charged.

I think he will get a low grade charge allowing him to play in the GF.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Just watching the replay of the so called chicked wing in Keatings defense, looked as though Hannant tried to fend off Keating and put his arm in the wrong place.

FUIFUI_MOIMOI

Juniors
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/spo...nto-bat-for-onreport-hayne-20090926-g6v5.html

Dogs winger goes into bat for on-report Hayne

Bryson Goodwin has gone into bat for Parramatta superstar Jarryd Hayne, with the Bulldogs winger vowing to help the Eels superstar to beat a potential dangerous contact charge that threatens to wipe him out of next week's NRL grand final.

Hayne jeopardised his appearance in the premiership decider by being placed on report by referee Tony Archer for kneeing Goodwin in the head as the `Dogs flyer scored the opening try of the match.

Anything more than a grade one dangerous contact charge from the match review committee on Monday would see Hayne need to front the NRL judiciary to fight for his right to play in the grand final.

But Goodwin said he would give the Dally M medallist all the support he needed to clear his name.

Goodwin's stance was in stark contrast to that of teammate Ben Hannant, who claimed the Eels should not have finished the game with their full quota on the field after he had his shoulder wrenched back by hooker Matthew Keating.

Like Hayne, Keating too faces a nervous couple of days as he awaits the match review committee's findings.

But it is the potential loss of Hayne which would be catastrophic for the Eels premiership hopes - with the game's hottest player having carried Parramatta to within 80 minutes of their first premiership on 23 years.

"I'll see the replays and what happens, if it looks like he didn't mean anything then I'd help him out (at the judiciary)," said Goodwin, who was still feeling the effects of the head knock after the game.

"You don't want to miss out on a grand final with a team that you've played with all year, he carried the team you could say to where they are now so it would be bad to miss out for him.

"A few of the boys have seen it, he just came in with his legs but I'm not too sure what happened."

Hannant was in no doubt however as he questioned why referees Archer and Ben Cummins did not take sterner action over the two incidents, with Hannant left requiring painkilling injections to get back on the field after suffering a partially dislocated shoulder and hyper-extended elbow.

"The refs didn't make the decision to send him off so, what warrants getting someone sent off?" Hannant said.

"Just because you're the best player in the world, does that mean that you never get sent off, these are the questions you've got to ask the NRL, not us.

"We just did our best, we fought hard, we were busted but we kept hanging in there."

Eels coach Daniel Anderson seemed surprisingly confident neither of his players would have a case to answer, with Anderson more concerned about the availability of skipper Nathan Cayless due to a hamstring complaint.

"A little clumsy, but not malicious at all," was how Anderson described the Hayne report.

"There's no use jumping up and down. I'll let people do their job. They're not going to listen to me."

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Hayne is a dirty grub. I was going to go for parra in the gf if they beat us but playing dirty like that and leading into tackles that you can't make with your knees several times is just dirty play that we've come to see from parrascum. Hayne should be suspended but as he is the nrl's current glamour boy i doubt it will happen. Can't say the same for Keatings chicken wing or Hindmarsh.
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
And lets not forget Matthew Keating,..... after that accidental chicken wing tackle on Hannat, he was no longer a happy boy. You could see in the second half, particularly towards the end when he knew his team had won, he was only thinking (worrying) about missing the GF. His heart was in his tummy... Here is just one example....

NRL+Preliminary+Final+Bulldogs+v+Eels+ac5cMsNveE9l.jpg

Lets all rally around Matthew and lift his spirits. He has busted his arse for this Eels team all year. A great hooker he has become and he will only get better. He will play SOO and will play for Australia in the not too distant future but right now lets pour our energy into getting him playing in next weeks GF. Its the least we can all do for Matthew. Love you lots Matthew. You are awesome mate.

Aristidis

Juniors
Lmao at the person who said "accidental chicken wing" I guarantee you if that was a Melbourne player they would have been sent off.

salvy71

Juniors
Nice chicken wing on Tim Mannah in the 2nd half as well by Warburton , Keating is in strife but there was no wrenching motion at all which could save him .

AlexTheEel

Juniors
What needs to be rememberd here is both players do not need to get off scott free to play. Grade 1 charges and both will still be able to play. Can any grade above 1 really be justified for tiehr incident?

Yes Cameron Smith missed a gf but remember he got the lowest possible charge and it was carry over points from a previous incident that cost him. Keating and Hayne do not have any carry over points.

Latest posts