What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Hayne be alright

Look, I think he should most definitely be charged. Simply because a big deal has been made about this kind of stuff and the NRL needs to remain consistent. He did, after all, come in with the knees.

However, I believe he will play. They'll hit him with the lowest possible charge that allows a guilty plea and he will avoid suspension. I expect him to be playing next Sunday.

salvy71

Juniors
Hayne is a dirty grub. I was going to go for parra in the gf if they beat us but playing dirty like that and leading into tackles that you can't make with your knees several times is just dirty play that we've come to see from parrascum. Hayne should be suspended but as he is the nrl's current glamour boy i doubt it will happen. Can't say the same for Keatings chicken wing or Hindmarsh.

Playing dirty ? Strewth the Dogs have won premierships based on that principle ......illegal fibreglass shoulder pads in 84 grand final , Farrar knocking out Mick Delroy in 86 , Terry Lamb knocking out Hanley in 88 , the list goes on ......it's fair enough to be cocky before the game but pretty lame to then turn into a bleating whinger after a loss . Suck it up and cheer the boys on next year , they did you proud in 09 but they were outplayed by a team on a roll last night .
All the best to the Dogs in 2010 .

mickdo

Coach
Lmao at the person who said "accidental chicken wing" I guarantee you if that was a Melbourne player they would have been sent off.

What, like in the 2007 prelim final where Cayless had his arm ripped off? f**k off numbnuts. Enjoy mad monday.

mickdo

Coach
However, I believe he will play. They'll hit him with the lowest possible charge that allows a guilty plea and he will avoid suspension. I expect him to be playing next Sunday.

He has loading though. I'm not sure there is a charge low enough to get him off...

mickdo

Coach
Only the lowest grade of dangerous contact, a charge usually reserved for players leading with their feet in a bid to stop a try from being scored, would enable Hayne to escape suspension as it carries a base penalty of just 100 points and an early guilty plea would entitle him to a 25 per cent discount.

Hmmm... I don't see that charge on the NRL judiciary page

http://www.nrl.com/nrlhq/referencecentre/judiciary/tabid/10435/default.aspx

I sure hope it's true though. 100 points -25% discount +20% loading would get him off then...

Fathead

Bench
Nice chicken wing on Tim Mannah in the 2nd half as well by Warburton , Keating is in strife but there was no wrenching motion at all which could save him .

Yeah i saw that chicken wing tackle too.. nothing has been said about it though

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Look, I think he should most definitely be charged. Simply because a big deal has been made about this kind of stuff and the NRL needs to remain consistent. He did, after all, come in with the knees.

13_BowingDown.jpg

Thank you Messiah.... Thank you thank you thank you.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Playing dirty ? Strewth the Dogs have won premierships based on that principle ......illegal fibreglass shoulder pads in 84 grand final , Farrar knocking out Mick Delroy in 86 , Terry Lamb knocking out Hanley in 88 , the list goes on ......it's fair enough to be cocky before the game but pretty lame to then turn into a bleating whinger after a loss . Suck it up and cheer the boys on next year , they did you proud in 09 but they were outplayed by a team on a roll last night .
All the best to the Dogs in 2010 .

Beautifully stated salvy71
:clap::clap::clap:

Much better than saying f... o.. you so and so f..... piece of .......!*.' etc etc etc etc

mickdo

Coach
Just announced on Talking Bulldogs on 2SM, the Match Review Committee will convene at 11am tomorrow morning

benoir91

Juniors
So if Hayne gets a grade 2 charge and successfully downgrades it to a grade 1 wont that mean he misses the gf still because he didnt take the early plea?

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Lmao at the person who said "accidental chicken wing" I guarantee you if that was a Melbourne player they would have been sent off.

image.php

Aristidis..... the Borg High Command have come together at headquarters

RPD04-BorgCube.jpg

and unanimously agreed

borg.jpg

that you be decommissioned and re-assimilated immediately.

There are too many malfunctions and you now represent a great danger to the borg collective and its plans.

The Queen

borgqueen.gif

is in need of an obedient borg dog and this you shall become.

Super+Robot+Dog+Illusion.jpg

We wish you all the best with your new roving commission.
Once you are a dog you are to immediately leave this quadrant (forum) permanently, never to return.
The Queen has better use of you than the collective in this quadrant.

Last edited:

lingard

Coach
I have watched the replay a couple of times and I actually thought the contact was with Haynes thigh. At the point of contact the knees were actuall pointed to the dead ball line.
In the absolute most - a grade 1... but who knows ?
Very bad form from Kevin Moore in the press conference when he alluded to the fact that it was a very bad play from Hayne. Goodwin may have been groggy Kevin but thats not why you lost, you could have been more gracious in defeat.

I agree. I thought Andrew Ryan was very gracious in defeat, though, and was fantastic in his after-match interview. Well done.

Appin Rabbit

Juniors

Based on what they gave Merrit 2 weeks for nothing if they are fairdinkum he will at least get 3 matches he had plenty of time to pull out of it as Goodwin already had grounded the ball before he even decided to slide in with the knees and make contact with Goodwins head Merrit didn't come into contact with anyone but still got 2 weeks.As for the chicken wing tackle he probably deserves 3 weeks as well.

mickdo

Coach
So if Hayne gets a grade 2 charge and successfully downgrades it to a grade 1 wont that mean he misses the gf still because he didnt take the early plea?

No, you still get the early plea discount if you successfully get a downgrade

SCoops

Juniors
yeh the NRL wont want to not have the Dally M medal winner in the grand final if they can help it. keating will probably get the short end of the straw on this one

Unless they want to make an example of him.

You can be the best player in the world, however, screw up this much | | and your gone.

Lets all start wishing, crossing fingers and toes, praying, what ever you do to get him to play.

Coops

buster

Juniors
ofcourse nothing in it.....just his knees went into goodwins head and knocked the guy out ..sweet no problem at all......

Latest posts