What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will it run?

Mong

Post Whore
One of my fillies runs Wednesday at Sandown race 8, her name is Ninyo. Resuming, only had the one start at Moe which she won on a very wet track.

Has opened up at a good price, the barrier might put some off but she won't be looking for the lead, she will settle out the back or thereabouts like the last time. She was out wide in the barriers last start as well.

One of my fillies runs Wednesday at Sandown race 8, her name is Ninyo. Resuming, only had the one start at Moe which she won on a very wet track.

Has opened up at a good price, the barrier might put some off but she won't be looking for the lead, she will settle out the back or thereabouts like the last time. She was out wide in the barriers last start as well.
Good luck Mongchops. Keep that strike rate going pal. 😉

How did you get onto one, and Aaron Laing in particular?

Mong

Post Whore
Good luck Mongchops. Keep that strike rate going pal. 😉

How did you get onto one, and Aaron Laing in particular?

I had filled out the paperwork on a different one then I come across her somewhere and the breeding intrigued me. Her dad is a Redoutes choice horse who was decent but her mum who was unraced is a Galileo mare so I changed.

I’ve stuck with Aaron with our new one as well. He’s great, can message or call him at anytime and he’s always happy to have a chat and talk about what’s going on.

Mong

Post Whore
Just watched the replay of its win on debut.

What a ripper!

Did you smack it at that 50/1?

Sportsbet opened at 150/1. With the power play got 201/1. After deductions for scratchings got 168/1 win and 30 ish/1. Wife and I had 20 each way on it 10 each way each.

Every other betting agency had her at 50’s.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Anyone been keeping an eye on the Classic Sale?

Its usually the one I pay most attention to because it’s usually relatively ‘affordable’ and plenty of BOBS horses go through it so if I was to invest in a horse the most likely place I would do from… but jeez it’s going nuts this year.

Of the 540 that have gone through so far I had a shortlist of 32 horses picked out to keep an eye on… I pick horses I think are going to potentially be affordable i.e. I don’t bother picking Snitzels/Vinnies/Zoustars etc because it’s a waste of time.

Well of those 32 only 8 were 100k or under! The cheapest being 40k :|

So not exactly ‘affordable’ as it used to be.. couple I like and what would be in my price range (realistically 50k and under) all sold to VIC trainers. I don’t think it’s a dealbreaker but I do like the idea of being able to see the horse train/run in the flesh.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Anyone been keeping an eye on the Classic Sale?

Its usually the one I pay most attention to because it’s usually relatively ‘affordable’ and plenty of BOBS horses go through it so if I was to invest in a horse the most likely place I would do from… but jeez it’s going nuts this year.

Of the 540 that have gone through so far I had a shortlist of 32 horses picked out to keep an eye on… I pick horses I think are going to potentially be affordable i.e. I don’t bother picking Snitzels/Vinnies/Zoustars etc because it’s a waste of time.

Well of those 32 only 8 were 100k or under! The cheapest being 40k :|

So not exactly ‘affordable’ as it used to be.. couple I like and what would be in my price range (realistically 50k and under) all sold to VIC trainers. I don’t think it’s a dealbreaker but I do like the idea of being able to see the horse train/run in the flesh.
Living in Brisbane makes it harder, my first horse was in Vic and the next one NSW. Looking at Matty Dunn give us the best of both worlds. A trip to Northern NSW is always good.

Mong

Post Whore
Living in Brisbane makes it harder, my first horse was in Vic and the next one NSW. Looking at Matty Dunn give us the best of both worlds. A trip to Northern NSW is always good.

You mean living in Brisbane makes things better because Sydney and Melbourne are shit… :)

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Gents.... Old Lemon is looking for a new acquisition to the stable now that old Stariks has been sold.

Got a couple I've got my eye on and really torn which way I want to go, so reaching out for your not so professional opinions.

All roughly the same costs ($3300-$3800 for 5% share) ($180-$200 average Monthly Training Fees).

The three I've narrowed it down to at the moment are below (still going to have a squiz at recent MM March Sale) with a bit of a blurb from my perspective but would love to hear your thoughts. I have thought about taking smaller shares in multiple horses but to be honest not sure if I can deal with the extra headaches.

https://www.nzb.co.nz/sales/23kaa/590

Something just caught my eye about this bloke, walks with a lot of purpose. Always wanted a NZ bred horse and this guy comes from a great family, couple of half relations have been above average. Spoke to Paul Preusker who bought him he loved the horse thought he was going to have to pay 100-120k for him, thinks he will be a 1600-2000m horse which excites me.

Negatives will obviously be trained in VIC so won't get to see him run, that's not the be all and end all but it is a consideration (I'm in Syd). Also the sire hasn't exactly set the world on fire yet but you also wouldn't assume they would go early.

Nice, Neat, speedy looking colt. Spoke to Ible Racing, they once again thought he was worth 100k+ but think they got him cheap as he is still a little backwards will be a late 2yo early 3yo. Plenty of positives, speed on speed and a great family, Hellbent seems to be doing well early doors and this guy is out of a Zoustar mare.

If you put a gun to my head and said one of these three horses has to win at least 1x race which would it be, I would pick this bloke for sure BUT I don't think he has as much upside as the other two?

Only a young unproven trainer as well but based at Kembla so relatively close.

This is the guy I am leaning towards at the moment.... On type he is just a big, strong, athletic, Black Horse, what's not to love? By Impending who early days isn't setting the world on fire but has had his fair share of winners. The female side is the worry, the Dam was a nuffy by a nuffy sire and further back its very old colonial family, however he is a half bro to Noble Boy so I'm hoping he just wasn't a complete fluke.

I rate the trainer Danielle Seib and she has done exceptionally in Highways where they are going to aim this boy at. Spoke to here and she is wrapped with the horse, the breeders are just a small family who said he is by far the nicest foal the mare has had and were hoping he would go for 100k + so they have bought a share back in him themselves. Seib thinks he will be a sprinter miler and will be given the opportunity to go early if showing signs.

My gut loves this horse BUT my head is telling me that his size, plus his breeding might make him slower than a Mule.

Let me know what you reckon... cheers in advance.