What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will it run?

ebbedfred

Bench
Was happy with the run, thought he showed enough although his best racing is prob a fair way off yet.

Just got held up way too long and by the time he got clear the horse had figuratively and literallty bolted, was never going to catch Anaheed by the time he got out.

The silver lining is I don't think he would have caught that filly anyway who was pretty impressive on the heavy track. Had he gotten out early he may have been pushed for a lot longer only to get 2nd anyway, so in that sense him not getting out may get us another run before a short spell.

So overall happy in what was an otherwise ordinary day on the punt.

Randwick was packed, and gotta love the punters it brings out. Down at the stables a young lady was inspecting the horses with who I can only assume was her boyfriend and I overheard this conversation:
Girl- Oooh, that's a pretty horse, can we bet on that one?
Boyfriend- Nah, that thing will come last
Girl- how do you know?
Boyfriend- Because it's the clerk of the course's horse

ebbedfred

Bench
Time To Reign looked quite sharp on Saturday, still very green so will only get better too. Was very happy with the odds I got on him in a small field, it helped I got on before Covert Ops scratched.

His price tag was too high for us so don't have anything in him, but will still be following him closely and hoping he does well.

ebbedfred

Bench
Set back due to injury, needed surgery. Killed off the slipper campaign but won’t hurt him long term. Had to go to the paddock to recover for about 2 months.

Back in work already and everything looks very positive. Pretty sure the plan will be I think to aim him at the Brisbane winter carnival. Should be some good prize money there as the slipper horses start to tire and need a break. It could end up being a blessing in disguise as I think he could be better as a 3 or 4 year old but keen to see him out there again.

Latest posts