What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

will jets play any games at toyota park this year?

So who was the clown that sent out to the press the name of th club was "Newtown Cronulla Jets" and why hasn't this been corrected via a press release?

Fanny Batter

Juniors
Bluebag said:
Fanny,

It is a legal agreement between two parties with both parties name on the agreement is it has to be. Perhaps this is too much for you to understand. This is now becoming annoying and so get with the program you half wit.

it would appear that u r the halfwit.it may hafta hav both names on the agreement but does the 2 names dont hafta b expressed in a single term "newtown cronulla jets". couldnt the thing say "newtown jets and cronulla sharks".bluebag u r defending the indefensible.it was silly drafting.

Bluebag

Juniors
Fanny, one of us knows what the full document says and there are legal issues and requirements that the document needed to say to comply with approval for the league.

Fanny Batter

Juniors
Bluebag said:
Fanny, one of us knows what the full document says and there are legal issues and requirements that the document needed to say to comply with approval for the league.

so r u sayin the league wouldntve accepted the feder agreement if u hadnt put "newtown cronulla jets" in the document.thats absurd.the league accepted ur feedeer with auckland.did that document hav "newtown auckland jets".i bet it didnt.

stop apologising 4 the errors of the club and admit 2 them.

Fanny Batter

Juniors
:lol: :lol:

My spelling mistakes aside (which i do because its quicker) i still think there was an error made.it was a small error with big repercussions.i wouldnt be making such a big deal if u didnt have people like bluebag making excuses.

Bluebag

Juniors
What repercussions,There is no Shark on our jersey anywhere or did I miss that, we are still known as Newtown Jets and where the royal blue jersey. Your lack of knowledge is showing fanny the agreement with Auckland was not the same it was as a feeder club not a commercial agreement as is now in place.

You prove that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing so this ends now.

Fanny Batter

Juniors
the repercussions bluebag r the disgruntled fans out there.can u tell me how this is a commercial agreement and different from a feeder agreement.in both cases the nrl team sends surplus players to the jets.do newtown get paid by cronulla as opposed to auckland not paying them? wot is "commercial" in its nature?either way i think u r doing a poor job of justifying this "newtown cronulla jets" issue.

can u point to the nswrl regulation that says newtown and cronulla had to hav a composite name in part of the agreement?

Bluebag

Juniors
Fanny,

Let me see we play as Newtown, wear Newtown colours, play out of Henson as we always do. There is a big difference between the two arrangements and as you have not seen the agreement you are not in a position to comment at all not a single thing was given up by Newtown as we provide a service to Cronulla as they do with us.

This post is asking are we playing games at Toyata park and the answer is yes 2 games. If you want to continue with this misinformed rubbish take it elsewhere.

Fanny Batter

Juniors
Bluebag said:
Fanny,

Let me see we play as Newtown, wear Newtown colours, play out of Henson as we always do. There is a big difference between the two arrangements and as you have not seen the agreement you are not in a position to comment at all not a single thing was given up by Newtown as we provide a service to Cronulla as they do with us.

This post is asking are we playing games at Toyata park and the answer is yes 2 games. If you want to continue with this misinformed rubbish take it elsewhere.

the way i c it the only difference between this deal and the auckland 1 is the jets play at cronulla twice.i dont think that warrant the use of the term ' newtown cronulla'.

i no the agreement vests identity in newtown.but the error is still there as 'newtown cronulla' and wot ive seen on forums it upset fans.there r probably other fans outside the forum that were upset 2 without bein' able to c the correction u made on this forum.

was it really necessary to use the term 'newtown cronulla jets'? i still think no.

Bluebag

Juniors
whatever. think what you want you do not know what is in the document so lets just agree to disagree and you can run away to north sydney or cc or illawarra or St george where you belong.

2 True Blues

Coach
Just stirring the pot intentionally fanny batter, or are you seriously that stupid.

For starters there is never rarely anything of truth in any newspaper, or news article, ( They are always based on a true story ).

Just because the papers were consistant, ( in that they constantly get the facts twisted ), does not mean we are called Newtown Cronulla, or whatever.

You are just a shit stirer mate, have you nothing better to do. :roll:

Bluebag

Juniors
The results come from the same source AAP, the NSWRL posts teams and results as Newtown. So who would know more the league or some pen pusher with AAP.

2 True Blues

Coach
I get the local paper the " Leader " where I live , and they are the local paper in Shark territory, so get all the local sharks news in the sports section of the paper.

We often get referred to in that as " The Sharks lower grades continued their good form ", or " The premier league side enjoyed a ( quote 32 to 10 ) ( wrong score even ) win over Western Suburbs Magpies. At least the Magpies enjoyed some publicity, even though they lost the game. Thanks Leader....

We were even once referred to as " The presidents side ", Don't figure does it. Go beat ya fanny fanny beater. Wake up. :!:

2 True Blues

Coach
Atleast the Telegraph sports results section got it right last week. They put our results at the top of the list. NEWTOWN 30 WESTERN MAGPIES 10.

Thanks Telegraph, hope they keep the results coming, it is the only thing I read in their paper, wouldnt waste me time on the other fairy tales, gossip, and accusations. :lol: :lol:

2 True Blues

Coach
Hey guys and girls, I found it. Last weeks leader article.

Heading " CLEAN SWEEP FOR SHARKS TOP GRADES "

It started with the Presidents Cup side on Saturday at Henson Park, whose 42-20 win over the Bulldogs ended a losing trot. Fullback/winger Nathan MERRITT scored 22 points ( three tries and five goals ) with Russ AITKIN grabbing two trys. "

Then goes into Aaron Rapers Jersey Flegg etc......

So the leader is doing its upmost to convince those locals not in the know otherwise am afraid.

That " Presidents Cup " thing about sums it up though. They are half wits as well. ;-) #-o #-o

Fanny Batter

Juniors
Bluebag said:
The NSWRL posts teams and results as Newtown.

it doesnt make sense then that the aap would put it up as 'newtown cronulla jets'.i reckon sum 1 at the league sent it to the aap as newtown cronulla after seein the document.y would the aap even think of 'newtown cronulla jets' - unless sum 1 told them.i reckon the league told em by mistake cos they saw 'newtown cronulla jets'. i reckon the league hav been made aware of the mistake and hav rectified it

im not a shit stirrer.i no u guys r called newtown jets i'm just pointin out that the mistake was made and sum 1 should be held responsible.then u hav ppl like bluebag makin poor excuses and irreleveant distinctions between "feeder" and "commercial" as if 2 say that justifies poor drafting.

BLUEBAG STILL HASNT SHOWN Y IT HAD 2 BE "NEWTOWN CRONULLA JETS". forget for a moment that the identity is vested in newtown.i know that and i understand that.admit that a mistake was made

and 1 more thing 2 true blues.the tele got it rite on monday but not last saturday wen we were written up as newtown cronulla.

Jeffles

Bench
From my experience the AAP simply take what you give them. They even put the crowd for the Melbourne game at Henson as 8972! It seems that if a "Newtown-Cronulla Jets" reference was to appearr in the papers it would be because of whoever sent it.

FB, it is good that you know we are called Newtown Jets. I understand your point is a small one, ie. that there was a reference to "Newtown-Cronulla Jets". Whilst that doesn't take away from the substance of the agreement, it is still enough to cause all the events of the past few weeks and to cause confusion. Correct me if I am wrong but that is your position. Fair enough.

2 True Blues

Coach
Like talkin to a wall mate. As far as I am concerned they are the Newtown Jets, always will be the Newtown Jets.

The media coverage that Premier league receives is ridiculous, when you think that it is the second highest level of league in the country. Quality players, and future stars combined, it is no wonder when I am wearing a Newtown jersey I get people stoppin me in the street and saying " Gee thats an old jersey, " to be told that in fact I only bought ( this one ) a couple of seasons ago.

People just dont know. It is a disgrace and mistake I feel, although no doubt there is untold politics involved, as to why the coverage is so pathetic. Must be that sponsor, walk all over everyone to make as much money as possible thing I reckon. The businessman side of the game.

Struggling for fans to first grade, why attempt to advertise the Premier league, when they feel there isnt enough bums on seats in first grade audiences.

Feel it does the game harm at the grass roots , which is in fact where the future players are to come from. It is a shame. However as long as my Bluebags are running around on a Saturday arvo at Henson I dont really care what they do.

Once a Jet always a Jet. If you dont like it you can go and get. Atleast this year ( unlike others ) the NRL website has been regularly updated with Premier league results, ladders etc. Have been happy with that atleast as past seasons you would have been lucky to find a result. Often not even in paper, and if is , is somewhere squeezed between the over 60's disabled asian one legged female sack race results, and the under 10's spanish soccer league ladder or something. Surely it deserves higher priority than that. Seriously..........

2 True Blues

Coach
Been playing in Premier league since year 2000. This is our sixth season in the second highest level of league in the country. " Gee thats and old jersey ". We need all the coverage we can get, cause we get bugger all, and now when we start to play well they want to call us Cronulla.

I reckon if the Jets keep winning, they will have to take notice. They cant not.

That is the way to get noticed. Beat them all. Come on Jets.........Grand final television coverage would do it. Just hope the boys can keep it up, and even improve as they gell more as a team as the season develops.

Latest posts