What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Kearney retire after 2004

simostorm

Bench
With Kearney at 32 and on a estimated $300,000 a season
if he retires we could make an offer for Manlys Sam Harris to replace him.
Sam's 24 years old and is a great 2nd rower.
I wonder how player renegotiations are going with Kearney.
Will he retire?

Mooks has said this year that the way his body feels sometimes he is a week to week proposition, so I would think this would influence his decision greatly. Having said that, over the last few weeks, I think you can notice that Steve has picked up his game. He is getting involved a lot more again, and taking the ball up at pace instead of just milking a tackle. If his body is right, Steve is a fantastic player, and one who the backs would love to run off. Robbie Ross used to live in his back pocket in attack and look at his record...
I hope he is fit and continues on for another 1, maybe 2 years. Only if he is fit though. We have had enough of paying players to sit on the sideline

Stormwarning[c]

Juniors
If we don't win the flag this year expect another year out of him.

Also expect Williams to sign for another year within the next few years.

Craig

Juniors
Stormwarning[c said:
]If we don't win the flag this year expect another year out of him.

Also expect Williams to sign for another year within the next few years.

How old is he?

simostorm

Bench
Kearney is in superb form this season no doubt about it.
2 or 3 players leave us each season. Who will they be this season.
I hope Dallas Johnson re-signs.

The_Savage_1

Juniors
Surandy said:
18 hit-ups for 177 metres, 32 tackles plus a try? Yep, he sure is declining fast.

just because he had a good game doesnt mean he's not declining overall. he certainly isn't vintaging like robbie.

LESStar58

Referee
simostorm said:
With Kearney at 32 and on a estimated $300,000 a season
if he retires we could make an offer for Manlys Sam Harris to replace him.
Sam's 24 years old and is a great 2nd rower.
I wonder how player renegotiations are going with Kearney.
Will he retire?

If Kearney retired I'd have Robbo partnering David Kidwell in the 2nd row and then you have a couple of options...play Dallas Johnson at lock, or move Scott Hill there as thats his prefered postion anyway. Exercising the latter option would mean moving Geyer to five-eigth (which I notice alot of people are in favour of) to partner Orford (provided he stays beyond this year).

simostorm

Bench
Ive got Hill playing lock on the Rugby league game an man Storm are running 2nd at the moment, surely its a good move. :D