What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Kennedy

I don't think so, outside of the 1 play against Eels nothing.
Basically all season we have seen no improvement.
I think he is at his peak now.
We need speed at fullback, what compounds that is our outside backs are not the quickest

txta2

First Grade
Rated 17th
Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

just realised Drinkwater at 6 LOL

Eion

First Grade
More than solid under the high ball. Arguably the best fullback on bomb disposal. Needs to lift in pretty much all other aspects to be an elite FB

DJDL

Bench
Sadly for Will, I feel he's peaked.
He had a good couple of seasons but, at 27, I wouldn't be expecting any major improvements in him going forward.
On the market from 1 Nov, and I'd be in no hurry to resign him.

BWNB

First Grade
Sadly for Will, I feel he's peaked.
He had a good couple of seasons but, at 27, I wouldn't be expecting any major improvements in him going forward.
On the market from 1 Nov, and I'd be in no hurry to resign him.
We will resign him

Craigshark

First Grade
We will resign him

I’d like to think they think they can do better. There’s some pretty good young talent getting around stuck behind established better fullbacks who you’d be able to get without breaking the bank. Loyalty can only go so far.

Kennedy would kill it in the super league

DJDL

Bench
I kinda feel with outside backs late 20s is about their expiry date.
By that time their speed is starting to decline and they're less effective than in their early-mid 20s.

There are exceptions to the rule, of course, but unless you're an elite-level outside back, or have other assets to your game than just speed and agility, late 20s is it for me.

That's why I'm looking for an upgrade for both WK and Katoa sooner rather than later.

bluefox68

Staff member
That's why I'm looking for an upgrade for both WK and Katoa sooner rather than later.
Katoa’s errors are a real issue.
I’d be happy for Stonestreet to take his place once Katoa’s contract expires - unfortunately that’s at the end of 2026…

I also think we can do better than run with WK…

I kinda feel with outside backs late 20s is about their expiry date.
By that time their speed is starting to decline and they're less effective than in their early-mid 20s.

There are exceptions to the rule, of course, but unless you're an elite-level outside back, or have other assets to your game than just speed and agility, late 20s is it for me.

Not a fan of Wayne Bennett but his says always better to move a player on a year early then a year later.

This is where we have to be careful Stonestreet is ready can we really expect him to keep waiting.
Ison will be same next year.

They need to get first grade games into them.
If we could turn Kennedy into a centre even but he is not built to handle that or into halves again I can't see him in that role

Latest posts