What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Manly fall apart from 2013 season onwards?

MSIH

Bench
Gumby's have been predicting Manly's slide for years. Forgive us for not taking your predictions seriously.

The front row has been Manly's "weakness" for a while, but it holds its own consistently. The depth in the outside backs isn't great when compared to our first string side, but barring 3 starters out at a time it'll hold.

Manly had a terrible run with injuries last year, and still finished 4th. We'll be up there again barring something extraordinary occurring.

hardbaby

Coach
Have they predicted Manly's slide? I certainly haven't. They have a had a really good team for a decade or so. And a brilliant coach. But this year looks dodgy to me. I think you'll make the 8 (I'm guessing 6th). But along with the Broncos, if there was one Top 8 side from last year you would be predicting to slide it's the Eagles.

Cletus

First Grade
I'm really looking forward to seeing how DCE and Foran go this year. They both should really kick on this year and be the dominant playmakers in the team.

t-ba

Post Whore
After our ignomious exit in 2009 most people had us pegged for a slide, and we almost met expectations in 2010. In 2010 the side was written off and most people were proclaiming that Cashler was a one hit wonder. 2011 turned out oddly :sarcasm:, with Des being proclaimed the best thing since sliced bread the moment he jumped ship and that he'd been the only reaon we were successful. We were tipped to fail massively in 2012 and ended up a game short of the GF.

I can certainly see the reasons behind predicting a slide (front row isn't getting any younger, Our primary playmaker, short of being another Menzies, can't be too far from the twilight of his career, and our two young halves having iffy years in 2012), but I do think most people doing it have been proclaiming our demise forever and have let hatred rather than these pretty legitimate reasons drive their opinion on the matter. These are the same people who spent years say Des was a charlatan and a fraud and with absolute glee proclaimed him the messiah the moment he jumped ship.

Next year should be interesting. I think the core and old guard of the side has another dig or two left in them but after that it's all going to about building our future around DCE and Foz, which will see some major tactical changes.

reanimate

Bench
After our ignomious exit in 2009 most people had us pegged for a slide, and we almost met expectations in 2010. In 2010 the side was written off and most people were proclaiming that Cashler was a one hit wonder. 2011 turned out oddly :sarcasm:, with Des being proclaimed the best thing since sliced bread the moment he jumped ship and that he'd been the only reaon we were successful. We were tipped to fail massively in 2012 and ended up a game short of the GF.

I can certainly see the reasons behind predicting a slide (front row isn't getting any younger, Our primary playmaker, short of being another Menzies, can't be too far from the twilight of his career, and our two young halves having iffy years in 2012), but I do think most people doing it have been proclaiming our demise forever and have let hatred rather than these pretty legitimate reasons drive their opinion on the matter. These are the same people who spent years say Des was a charlatan and a fraud and with absolute glee proclaimed him the messiah the moment he jumped ship.

Next year should be interesting. I think the core and old guard of the side has another dig or two left in them but after that it's all going to about building our future around DCE and Foz, which will see some major tactical changes.
Great post mate, definitely agree. I think our older backs have a few more good years in them, but we really need to bolster our forward ranks, which the club's been doing. How our new buys shape up this season will be very interesting.

chileman

Coach
As manly fans know, thier season was still successful but did not go as planned. Toovey as coach did a good job and maintaning everything, but can he make the team improve? Opinions?
No Dessie, will finish in the top 8 as your team will........except you have Trex now:lol:

Patorick

Staff member
Long way too go.

Good start though, can't complain, especially with Gifty out.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Manly have really impressed me over the first month of the competition, they've had a couple of their best players out, notably Glenn Stewart, and they continue to win and build pressure, they'll easily make the finals.

woodyk2

First Grade
It always fascinates me how ordinary players from other clubs flourish at Manly while most who leave fade to nothing.

chileman

Coach
The Eagle is a complete lunatic but at least he is here, sticking up for his team. Where are the other 2 Eagles supporters?
Make that 3 supporters......and I'll take a terrible start to the season like ours this year.....any day! :lol:

isaiah

Bench

just one correction to your history, last season should have been TWO games short of a GF except for one of the worst series of video ref calls in our games history.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
just one correction to your history, last season should have been TWO games short of a GF except for one of the worst series of video ref calls in our games history.

What was the score when the try was scored peanut?

Lets not forget the garbage try the Cowboys got off a massive forward pass.

Selective memory of the butthurt is always funny.

isaiah

Bench
What was the score when the try was scored peanut?

Lets not forget the garbage try the Cowboys got off a massive forward pass.

Selective memory of the butthurt is always funny.
i think everyone with an IQ over 120 understands that cowboys were robbed of a well deserved victory.
how will manly go next week without fa'aoso?

coolsteve

Juniors
i think everyone with an IQ over 120 understands that cowboys were robbed of a well deserved victory.
pert dang sure there will be 13 running on the field and four on the bench so the will have every chance

Nice Beaver

First Grade

Regardless of your IQ (which I suspect would scratch the 90 mark not 120+) the Cowboys were not robbed of a win you dill. At no point in that game were the Cowboys ahead and the better team won.

Fa'aoso????? :lol::lol::lol: yep he's been the reason we're 5-2. You're not doing much to prove a high IQ are you?

isaiah

Bench
Regardless of your IQ (which I suspect would scratch the 90 mark not 120+) the Cowboys were not robbed of a win you dill. At no point in that game were the Cowboys ahead and the better team won.

Fa'aoso????? :lol::lol::lol: yep he's been the reason we're 5-2. You're not doing much to prove a high IQ are you?

you will miss fa'aoso because you have no forward depth at your club, just look at the nsw cup pack!

and it is obvious to all supporters of all teams except yours that the better team lost that finals game.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
you will miss fa'aoso because you have no forward depth at your club, just look at the nsw cup pack!
Chee Kam or George Rose? Pretty sure there are a few other options too. We've lost Joe and probably Fa'aoso. Stewart has just come back.