What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will tahu be as lethal at parra without Gidley

Will tahu be as lethal at parra without Gidley

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

General Knight

Juniors
Chicken_Hunter said:
No Johns No gidley = End of tahus career.

Agree with you there CH. Now that he wont have Johns or Gidley around him next year, I reckon hes blown his chances of playing SOO and for Australia. Hes very ineffective when Gids isnt there beside him. Once he realises he cant play Rep footy anymore he'll change his citizenship to Kiwi and end up playing for New Zealand instead! :lol:

Nuffy

Bench
I don't think that he'll play rep footy again plus for a 23 yo he is amazingly injury prone.

I don't think that he'll be anywhere as effective at Parra as he was at the Knights, just have a look at Morris as a guide.

I also think that Tahu and family will struggle away from Newcastle and I wouldn't be surprised if hes released before his contracts up.

Just my opinion.

Matt23

Staff member
No Johns, No Gidley = first division while the likes of Junior Langi & Matt Peterson get picked instead :|

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
It depends largely on injuries. He's only young and doesn't seem like the brightest bloke in the world, so with experience and more time, I'd say he'd improve. But with parra having the team they do, he may not be given the oppertunity too.

Stranger

Coach
Matt23 said:
No Johns, No Gidley = first division while the likes of Junior Langi & Matt Peterson get picked instead :|

I rate matt peterson as a winger/center of tomorrow.

Tahus case is a classic example of "the grass is allways greener on the other side"

Sure he will have the money, but not the rep jerseys to show off

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I find it interesting. So many players after leaving the knights for more money fall away in class and when they are time for there new contract, they can struggle to get decent money like they left newcastle for.

General Knight

Juniors
I still cant believe Parra paid so much for Tahu. Do they really think games can be won from that position. They are stupid if they do. They should spent the money on a quality half instead like Firman instead of letting the Roorters get him.

Pros and Cons of losing Tahu:

Pros - Freed up cash
- Less number of injury prone players

Cons - Loss of speed in the backs
- No more gidley-tahu combination

It's really hard to tell whether letting go of Tahu was a good thing or bad thing. Although I'm happy to see him go. Hes a great player with great athleticism and adds options in attack but that is only possible when he plays and hes only played a handful of games this year and the same for the years before.

Knights management stuffed up like they always do. They should have tried to replace tahu by atleast trying to get someone like Scott Donald. Scott Donald would have been awesome!

Phillips

Referee
of course he will be...infact he will be even better off 8)

some people just cant "let go" :lol:

i ask the question will Gidley be as lethal without Tahu ;-)

HRVTSKA

Juniors
Exactly Phillips!!!

Gidley only is mage to look so good because tahu can find the line!!!
I see gidley struggling next yr when theres no one there to finish of the moves!

roopy

Referee
HRVTSKA said:
Exactly Phillips!!!

I see gidley struggling next yr when theres no one there to finish of the moves!
Gidley has made Darren Albert and even Lenny Beckett into nearly a try a game wingers when they played outside him.
All Gidley needs is a guy with a bit of toe to pass the ball to. Tahu needs someone to do all his thinking for him.
I think Wendell Sailor said it best when he was asked about being rated the top League player in the world after the 2000 world cup. His reply was 'it's easy to look good when you play outside a guy like Matt Gidley.'

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
roopy said:
HRVTSKA said:
Exactly Phillips!!!

Gidley has made Darren Albert and even Lenny Beckett into nearly a try a game wingers when they played outside him.
All Gidley needs is a guy with a bit of toe to pass the ball to. Tahu needs someone to do all his thinking for him.
I think Wendell Sailor said it best when he was asked about being rated the top League player in the world after the 2000 world cup. His reply was 'it's easy to look good when you play outside a guy like Matt Gidley.'

I couldn't have put it better myself!

JoeysWheelchair

Juniors
He might lose something without turnstyle playing alongside him, but he is still young and developing. He has gotten bulkier over the last few years, definitely a plus when he is up against high quality wingers like Stuart Kelly.

Johns Magic

Referee
Don't forget this season when we got smashed by the Roosters when we had heaps of injuries, Tahu played centre and was easily our best on ground, scoring our only try. He got no help from his inside men either.

He'll go alright.

Tahu-Grothe will be a top combination.

roopy said:
HRVTSKA said:
Exactly Phillips!!!

yep!!

sure tahus a great player, but he needs gidley.

but gidley will be fine 8)

Phillips

Referee
does he need Gidley to hold his hand while crossing the street? i think not :lol:

so he doesnt need Gidley to play good footy, on the other hand who will be there to catch Gidley's flick passes ;-)

Nuffy

Bench
Phillips

You forget that Joey and Gidley made John Morris into an effective winger, Tahu is a good winger just hope that BS doesn't play him in the centres.

And lets hope that you have more luck with him injury wise than we did, this is the second year in a row that he has only played less than half a season.

The fans won't be happy if he plays 12 games a year.