What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will the Roos throw the game ?

ozbash

Referee
They must fear the kiwis more than the Lions.
Lose to Britain next weekend and the final is theirs ?

Jordan

Juniors
I don't think so.. It'd be a bit risky... What if they let the Poms get in front by 4, and then they scored a miracle try in the last minute or something. Australia would be out of the final.

And I don't think the Aussie's 'fear' anyone. They'd back themselves to beat either NZ or Great Britain in the final.

pcpp

Juniors
It'd be completely stupid.

It's not like Britain can't match Australia anyway (like they did for 75 minutes last time), theres no reason why they can't win the game without Australia "throwing it".

aussies1st

Staff member
Exactly, they can't throw the game. Once you give tries out the momentum goes with that side and they continue getting tries. Aus won't be able to keep GB to under 4 points if they lose on purpose.

Sir Biffo

Bench
Why would Australia fear the kiwis after this mornings performance? :? I know the kiwis beat us 3 weeks ago, but on current form in the competition I don't think Australia would be fearing either of the sides.

If we lose, we lose because GB deserved to win either due to our poor performance or an excellent one by them. Suggesting Australia will throw a rugby league match with all the risks involved is laughable.

God-King Dean

Immortal
I'd rather face NZ

They do this all the time, either in a match or a tournament. They'll get off to na good start, & just blow it.

sixtynine

Juniors
No way they would do that they will play ferking hard aus dont fear any of those twinkie teams

Glen

Bench
Why would Australia fear a team that got done 38-12 by a Great Britain side?

drake

First Grade
As conspiracy theorists, New Zealanders are awsome sheep f**kers. Stick to what you know, Kiwis...nothing. That's why you are so good at bludging.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
drake said:
As conspiracy theorists, New Zealanders are awsome sheep f**kers

dood, that doesn't make any sense at all.

And what does a recital of factual previous results have to do with conspiracy theorising.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
No, Australia won't throw the game. The RFL will, however, do everything in their power to ensure an Average Britian/Australia Final.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
ozbash said:
They must fear the kiwis more than the Lions.
Lose to Britain next weekend and the final is theirs ?
Do you reckon Stephen Fleming could give us a few pointers on blocking for 15 overs?

Throwing matches to get other teams out of the comp instills a loser mentality - a good way to lose a series.

umosay

Juniors
drake said:
As conspiracy theorists, New Zealanders are awsome sheep f**kers. Stick to what you know, Kiwis...nothing. That's why you are so good at bludging.

Australia has more sheep per person, so f*ck that.

That sounded geniused but anyway.

I don't think i could ever bare to listen to Eddie and Stevo again... commentary is a professional job and these bias c**ts are not that.

deluded pom?

Coach
Were G.B. THAT good ? Good enough to turn around 42 points better ? I think it would be a good idea to have a punt on G.B. to win by a score of between 0-4 points next week . Cynic that I am ( it comes naturally after watching league for 30 years ) it looks loaded towards a G.B. v Aus final . Which should be good for the RFL considering they booked the hotels in Leeds for the G.B. and Aussie squads last week !

Iafeta

Referee
Willow said:
Do you reckon Stephen Fleming could give us a few pointers on blocking for 15 overs?

Throwing matches to get other teams out of the comp instills a loser mentality - a good way to lose a series.

Why ask Stephen Fleming?

Look in your backyard - I'm sure Steve Waugh and Michael Bevan could tell you a thing or two.

Iafeta

Referee
drake said:

:? Moron.

yakstorm

First Grade
IanRitchie said:
No, Australia won't throw the game. The RFL will, however, do everything in their power to ensure an Average Britian/Australia Final.

Why would the RFL? They get a significant bonus from both Sport England and Gillette, not to mention the other sponsors behind the Tri-Nations if they win, so looking at it realistically, GB have more chance of defeating a NZ side in the final than an Australian side.

I'm not saying the NZ side isn't good, I'm just saying they lack that almost 'invicible' aura the Kangaroos have.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Overall, financially it would be worth more money for the RFL if they had an AU/B final than an NZ/B final.

ozbash

Referee
Willow said:

Mr S. Flemming esq is the model of fair play and good sportsmanship although i,d like to hear his opinion on foul play and unsportsmanlike behaviour during a recent world cup where a particular game was thrown/run rate interferred with by a particular team from the particular Tasman sea region.

Seems to be an awful lot of reply deletions in this thread :lol:

sooperdooper

First Grade
throw a game away? geeez your kidding right?
after the display the kiwis showed against Great Britain i think the Aussies would FEAR them more than the Kiwis.

the kangaroos wont throw the game away

Latest posts