What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will the roosters fly or.... 2011

Predict the roosters flight path for 2011

• Roosters dont make the 8

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Roosters make the 8 but fail week 1 semis

Votes: 25 59.5%
  • Roosters go all the way to the grand final!

Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

blacklock

Juniors
ok guys...

Now is the time to make those predictions. Do you predict the roosters will make the top 8 next year or will they flop out ala parramatta?

My prediction is they miss the 8 and dont come close to the grand final!

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Chook1.png

Dragon

Coach
I think you have to look at what heppens to Smiths teams after a GF loss. Do they bounce back or slide?

But i cant be arsed looking for that so im gonna say they will improve and be better for it. Top 8 fo sho

Willow

Assistant Moderator
They have a good team. And will be year wiser in 2011.

They no doubt thought they were in with a chance at half time, but were simply outplayed in the second half. We went up two gears and they couldn't see us for dust.

They'll learn a lot from that.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
They've got a long way to go in my opinion to be considered amongst the faves. They did great this year, but they still have a lot of holes in their team and game.

Brisbane & Melbourne are already ahead f them in my opinion before pre season training has even started. They won't have the fairy tale spoon to riches ride next year. Teams will be up for them, so they'll have to work hard in the off season and not just expect it to happen.

Havig said that, they will make the 8 in my opinion if Carney doesn't get injured.

grandorient

Bench
I think they will do a Parramatta, or sneak in to 8th position.

Don't think they will be too much of a force in 2011.

GO

RednWhite

Bench
Smith usually does well cleaning up clubs in the first year or two but then runs out of ideas. I thnk 2010 will be his best year at the Roosters - it's all down hill from now.

Minh

First Grade
Don't think tey'll improve or equal this year's achievements but I think they'll jag a top 8 spot.

Fien

Juniors
Has there ever been a year when both Grand Finalists didn't make the Top 8 the next year? Or will 2011 be a history making year?

blacklock

Juniors
Don't think tey'll improve or equal this year's achievements but I think they'll jag a top 8 spot.
I say theyll come "close" to the 8. i still feel that they got a little lucky at the end of this season. Had melbourne been in the mix and lockier been health (as a number of others) for the broncos...i couldnt see them getting in.

I reckon theyll start the season reasonably well. But... if they dont get that early roll, they will lose confidence and fade off. Going from the gf to zero is pretty hard. If they leave their run till the end of the season to make the top 8, there will be an immense amount of pressure.

j0nesy

Bench
Roosters will make the 8, how they will go in the finals series I just don't know. I think they will have a better regular season in 2011.

big_steve

Juniors
smith obviously hasnt learnt how to take a team into a final and wat to do....he seems to be able to get teams there but doesnt kno wat to do or how to act going into these big games i think it plays a big part....

I rekon the Dogs will be back next year providing their coach keeps it together.
Also look out for Parra and Faders both have good young coaches, interesting to see how Kearney goes, 4 years as Bellamy's understudy?

2010Dragons

Bench
Knowing what Brian Smith does with under preforming teams, I think he has got the best out of the Roosters in 2010 and they will struggle mentally to do again in 2011;-)