What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will the Roosters get a three-peat?

Will the Roosters get a three-peat?

• Yes

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • No

Votes: 22 71.0%

• Total voters

TheDalek079

Bench
A backline of Teddy, Toops, BMoz, Manu, Hall is still fantastic. 4 current internationals and former 1 former international. Lol@souffs for thinking an injury to a 2 game rookie has ended our season

Galeforce

Bench
Based on history no. Losing Mitchell and Cronk will hurt. The have decent depth so they will compete but teams like Canberra will be very hungry.

I think Canberra , may be hungry, however they are NO chance for 2020. I think teams losing grand finals need a year to recover .

BadnMean

Juniors
I think Canberra , may be hungry, however they are NO chance for 2020. I think teams losing grand finals need a year to recover .

Since 1990 (year salary cap was introduced):
6 GF losers have backed up to win the following year.
2 GF losers have backed up to make the GF again- but lost again.

So it's regular enough for teams to back up pretty quick. Bloody hard but 8 out of 30 or so isn't the kind of figure to be daunting anyone.

Valheru

Coach
Since 1990 (year salary cap was introduced):
6 GF losers have backed up to win the following year.
2 GF losers have backed up to make the GF again- but lost again.

So it's regular enough for teams to back up pretty quick. Bloody hard but 8 out of 30 or so isn't the kind of figure to be daunting anyone.

That's true.

Worth noting though that only 4 runners up have won the following year in the NRL era, 3 of which were storm in 07, 09 and 17. We all know the first two have been stripped. The other was manly in 08.

Last edited:

BadnMean

Juniors
That's true.

Worth noting though that only 4 runners up have won the following year in the NRL era, 3 of which were storm in 07, 09 and 17. We all know the first two have been stripped. The other was manly in 08.

4 times in the NRL era 20 years has a losing GF come back to win or make the GF again..., 20% of all NRL era GF's...

Considering it is a feat that takes 2 years to cook, I still say its bloody hard, not exactly frequent but regular enough.

Go Green!