What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will The Tigers Make the 8

Do you think that the Tigers will make the *

• Yes

Votes: 31 39.2%
  • No

Votes: 46 58.2%
  • Dont Know

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
never doubt the sheenius

Watching luke brooks inside the attacking zone is like watching helen keller trying to solve a rubix cube

Vic Mackey

Referee
Why have Benji and Farah had such an influence around the Tigers for so long?

I get they won a comp but so did blokes like Craig Gower and Tony Puletua but they don't seem to have the same status around PENRITH.

Because the majority of our fans are pathetic losers who would rather have a terrible side full of ''club legends'' then a good team. In a lot of ways 2005 was the worst thing that happened to the club.

MugaB

Coach
never doubt the sheenius

Watching luke brooks inside the attacking zone is like watching helen keller trying to solve a rubix cube
Geez that's pretty slack, helen keller was an inspiration to lots of folk with disabilities, i would say brookie has a bit of derp in him, he surely can't kick a field goal straight, maybe he should be the one solving rubix cubes

Saxon

Bench
Because the majority of our fans are pathetic losers who would rather have a terrible side full of ''club legends'' then a good team. In a lot of ways 2005 was the worst thing that happened to the club.
I think that's harsh. Your fans are loyal and hopelessly misguided (in that they believe that some day their team will finally get it together).
It's your board and so-called 'leaders' who would rather have a terrible side full of ''club legends'' than a good team. Pathetic losing starts at the top.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I legit feel bad for Tigers fans. Some of the most loyal, ride or die League fans you will find, and they have to put up with this shit for over a decade. We might even be approaching a point where sides that are consistently finishing bottom 2 year on year get some modest cap concessions for a season or two, if only to get them back in the game somewhat.

They will have to live with copping shit from opposition fans for "needing the NRL to save them from themselves", but I doubt they will give much of a shit when their side is finishing 11th rather than dead last.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Fully agreed Vic.

And let’s put it in to perspective, 2005 was really only 14 weeks where the planets aligned. Sure we beat both grand finalists in the first 5 weeks, but the season could have been over after the flogging we copped at Suncorp against the broncos.

MKCS

Juniors
I like many in this thread was excited for the Tigers this year, Tim Sheens coming on board with his 700 games of professional experience, grand finals, coach of Australia etc was an exciting prospect.

Then the likes of Api, Papalii'i, Klemmer and Bateman signed which I thought would offer something the Tigers really needed which was experience and a winning culture. Between those 4 players there is a shit ton of NRL experience, each player at the very least has played in a grand final (Api having won 3) and they've all played representative footy.

Then they got Charlie Staines who is another player with plenty of potential that won a grand final last year with the Panthers. They signed Brent Naden last year who came from a winning team, Nofoaluama came back from his loan stint with Melbourne where he was very strong.

But to start 2023 they're 0-2 and haven't looked great, I want a dominant Tigers team but the culture must suck over there or something because the team isn't that awful on paper but is always bottom of the ladder.