What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will this beating shut those pommies up???

simon says

First Grade
What a hoot.The Aussies are soft,we cant fight.....Fielden comes out in the papers saying their forwards arent scared.....the English fans to a man REALLY BELIEVE they can win this game....and surprise surprise,yet again.........

THEY GET SMASHED!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!

Super League is still WAY behind the NRL,and when you blokes start sending yer best to play out here,rather than raping our lower grades and has beens for talent,you will NEVER EVER beat Australia.

When will you pommies learn that Australia is your master at sports that require strenght,skill and committment.

Stick to darts and soccer.......you cant get hurt playing those.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

yappy

Bench
"The ARL apologises for the problems but we will now return to normal transmission. Aus 44 - GB 4."

ouch!

ain't reality a bitch. 8)

innsaneink

Referee
inertia666 said:
its you lot that have the loud mouthes :lol:

45 years worth of series victories on pommie soil might give us something of a right to have loud mouths.

You lot string two or three games together and youre asking the Aussie coach if yous can be called world champs????

Bahahaha!!! :lol:

Warrington_Mike

Juniors
neither can i. he'shardly played this season, and when he has, he hasnt really done much.

feel free to keep laughing, i cant believe that game. i was looking forward to a good matchall week, and then we get that. credit where its due, you guys played out of your skins, but you have to admit, we didnt play to out potential at all. :cry:

well gutted after that.

but it DOES seem that u guys have the loud mouths, gloating again! ;-) it was a bad day for rugby league in generel, i dont think its funny! :?

inertia666

Juniors
i agree Mike. aussies can laugh all they want about the hiding but if it sets RL back another few years everyone's a loser.

the game needs support and when things like that happen domestic interest will be at an all time low. the worst part of it is that GB didnt deserve that result.

Who was it exactly harking GB as the new world champions for beating aus? i personally only heard about that on these forums and now it's being used against as during smug comebacks. no true RL fan in britiani would ever consider such a thing.

Warrington_Mike

Juniors
no, of course not. one thing i'm worried about is that if they opted to play the tri nations in oz. i think, looking at the performance last night, we'd get hammered again! :?

this was a good opportunity to get rugby league noticed, as it was on the same day as the union match. But once again, we get beat, and relegated to practically the back page of the sport section, behind even 1st division football. :evil:

strong_latte

Juniors
inertia666 said:
i agree Mike. aussies can laugh all they want about the hiding but if it sets RL back another few years everyone's a loser.

the game needs support and when things like that happen domestic interest will be at an all time low. the worst part of it is that GB didnt deserve that result.

Who was it exactly harking GB as the new world champions for beating aus? i personally only heard about that on these forums and now it's being used against as during smug comebacks. no true RL fan in britiani would ever consider such a thing.

Well Brian Noble was already talking about having successive victories over Australia in next years ashes series to really hammer the hoodoo... But on the whole I think it was mostly our (the Australiam) newspapers who were talking the poms up... probably the English ones too I'd say, but either way they always do that... They always get exited over any Australian defeat and claim we're finished etc, but it's just never the case...
Also I disagree that we should feel bad that we smashed GB on the grounds that it's bad for international League... We should perhaps feel bad that GB still aren't up to our standard, but I think that instead of pointing the finger at Australia for being in a class of their own, perhaps GB should get some organisation and stop consuming themselves with self-indulgent nonesense every time they have a tight match against the Kangaroos! Really and truly I'd love to see a tight international Tri Series, but I'd like to see GB and NZ being the ones who make that happen by raising their standards and matching it with Australia...

inertia666

Juniors
yeah i agree on those points strong_latte but we've had 5 tight matches against the roos and now suddenly you are all talking about what a disaster team GB is in general because of a fairly freakish first half performance. The 2nd half was only won 6-4 against an obvioulsy depleted team.

ruggabugga

Juniors
Inertia 66etc,

The first half was about belting the crap out of pommieland, the second half was merely to protect the win BONUS. The final result was to emphasise NRL SUPERIORITY. Get real mate, the sponsers follow success and the dollars follow success. League is healthy in OZ because of success, IF POMS CAN DO THE SAME THEY MAY COME GOOD. International league will prosper when the SPONSERS CAN PROSPER FROM THE GAMES SUCCESS. The chicken and the egg RIDE ETERNALLY. 8) :evil: :!: :idea: :?:

English league needs to not get excited over a few close games and the odd win and start to expect/demand success and not be stroking each others c0cks over 'close ones'...To have lost 4 games in a row in the last minute shows one thing IMO, and that is a lack of guts to take the game when it is their to be taken. The final was always going to happen cause it appeared as though you lot were all happy after winning a group game against us and staying close for a while...there was no step up.

Must be an English thing to...the union crowd have gone to shit since the world cup also (though they have had a few players retire/injured etc) but it as if they have had their moment in the sun and are now happy to sit back and remember the days of 03. Cricketers still remember 81 when Botham won the series off his own back...pity about the stuff all done since...

English sport :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW, I was born in England and my old man is a full on English fan in everything.

yappy

Bench
I don't think that result has set back international footy at all. You have to take the tri-nations as a whole and it was great. Provided far more interest in international footy than any one-off test could ever do. The games v France whilst not part of the competition also added to the interest in international league. It was a competitive series and even a blow out in the final where the cream rose to the top cannot detract from that.

I'd love nothing more than to see the thing become as integral a part of each years' season as the state of origin, challenge cup and the ESL and NRL grand finals. I'd add France though and make it a four nations with each country hosting on rotation. That way you'd do the whole tournament in a month with two games on each weekend in the first three.

Latest posts