What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Tim Smith play SOO this year?

Robster

Bench
its been a season to prove himself and he does look to have the goods, if he's good enough he is old enough imo, your thoughts?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Robster said:
its been a season to prove himself and he does look to have the goods, if he's good enough he is old enough imo, your thoughts?

no mate! atleast 2 years away. the jersey should be Prince or Thurstons at the moment.

Jono078

Referee
Unless he starts off amazingly well, I think Prince and Thurston have him covered for the moment.

The Colonel

Immortal
At this stage Prince and Thurston at the very least should play ahead of him. Neither have done anything wrong to move behind him.....

LESStar58

Referee
I'm thinkin' QLD selectors might switch Lockyer to fullback and have Thurston and Prince in the halves. I think we need as many attacking weapons as possible and Lockyer and still get into the backline and play first receiver from fullback, nadle kicking in gen play etc...

1. Lockyer (C)
2. Williams

5. Slater
6. Thurston
7. Prince

Mr Saab

Referee
He is 3rd behind thurston and prince.
But.
If Smith kills it in the 1st 8 weeks then he will be picked.
I think Prince will have a slow start to the yr with no Benji and that could affect him.
I kind of link Smith with Ben Roethesburger from the Steelers (NFL). They both came into their sport in the same yr and both were rookie of the yr.
In Bens Rookie yr he wowed them, but came one game short of the superbowl (Smith made prelim final and lost) and then in his 2nd yr he won the Superbowl.
Smith could quite well mirror him with his 2nd yr

innsaneink

Referee
Hes not ready....when it came to the crunch last year, when the blowtorch was applied, he crumbled.

innsaneink

Referee
So, if he does get to Origin and things dont go to plan, he can be carried by his team mates??......bring it on. Blues 3-0

Id rather a 7 that shows a little something even when his teammates chuck it in, as opposed to one that joins them...hell, even Monaghan wouldve had a go.

Mr Saab

Referee
I just think you are writing him off too soon after that one game. Sure it is as big as they come (apart from GF) but he wont be the last gun halfback to have a bad game in a big game.
Smith did help lead a team to the minor premiership after the club spent 2 yrs in the wilderness.
I am not saying he is a walkup start as the #7 for QLD. As a QLD supporter i would probably take Prince if the Origin was next week, but it isnt. It is 3 months away and alot can happen in that time. As i said in above post, if he kills it in rnd 1-8 then he will be very high in selectors minds and i dont think they would point to the prelim final as a reason to keep him out.

Smiley

Bench
It's good to see Queensland with all these Halves that cant even get in the side, when New South Walse only have Johns. Honesty theres no good enough to take over for Johns. Finch not a chance. And Johns aint goin to play forever.

The Colonel

Immortal
innsaneink said:
Hes not ready....when it came to the crunch last year, when the blowtorch was applied, he crumbled.

He tried harder than a lot of other more experienced blokes did. Cowboys had one option to shut down and Luke O'Donnell did a bloody good job on him.

Yippee_Wippee said:
It's good to see Queensland with all these Halves that cant even get in the side, when New South Walse only have Johns. Honesty theres no good enough to take over for Johns. Finch not a chance. And Johns aint goin to play forever.

????????

Gower, Kimmorley, Orford without even happening to think about it.

RABK

Referee
Yippee_Wippee said:

But as long as Johns does play QLD don't have a chance in hell no matter what halves you select and you all know it.

No one capable of taking over Joey, there is no taking over a player like Johns...once in a lifetime player. But you've never head of Matty Head? Brilliant young player, i rate him very highly...he has as much natural talent as Prince or Thurston.

RABK

Referee
Sir Knight82 said:
????????

Gower, Kimmorley, Orford without even happening to think about it.

They're are all too old though, maybe for a couple of years but i'm pretty sure come 2007 those 3 will be on 30 or approaching it.

Latest posts