What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will we make the top 4?

Chipmunk

Coach
We probably don't now. But I reckon that the Storm were weakened in that match is a bit overblown, They weren't really any weaker than they've been all season. Certainly their starting thirteen was at near full strength ( missing Finucane ) , and they were missing Grant, but he's been missing in a good deal of their games they've still won convincingly. And they had Papenhuyzen, who's also been a notable out for most their season.

If anything I reckon where we were lucky is that we got them early, and we started the season stronger than they did. A lot of which is probably down to adjusting to life without Smith.

Also I'd reckon picking a full strength Storm side now, would look a bit ( not a lot, but enough ) different to what you might have picked back then.
I think you're referring to the game we beat them in Round 2 this year. Where we were discussing the game we beat them in 2020, when we won 14 nil, and they had quite a number of players out (Cam Smith, Vunavalu, Munster, Hughes, Jesse Bromwich, and Finucane). Cooper Johns and Rylee Jacks were the halves! We pretty much had the best team we could put on the field that day.

Chipmunk

Coach
We are definitely capable of beating Easts tomorrow and although unlikely its a chance. Probably more challenging will be V The Bunnies. I think that will be a truer indicator of how our season will progress. Fergo back on the wing does not fill me with any defensive confidence.
The betting would indicate that it's more likely than not we will beat the Roosters.

Bandwagon

Staff member
I think you're referring to the game we beat them in Round 2 this year. Where we were discussing the game we beat them in 2020, when we won 14 nil, and they had quite a number of players out (Cam Smith, Vunavalu, Munster, Hughes, Jesse Bromwich, and Finucane). Cooper Johns and Rylee Jacks were the halves! We pretty much had the best team we could put on the field that day.

Yeah I was.

Avenger

Immortal
I have this bad feeling that injuries have come at a bad time. In hindsight it didn’t help us having Moses play in the third SOO. Gutherson is also playing busted and we seem to have plateaued.

This is where BA’s coaching credentials will be out to the test. If he maintains our position in the top 4 and makes it to the preliminary final we will have over achieved because I agree with Pou we are not the 4th best team in the comp. Manly at full strength can easily beat us and we are probably on par with an injury riddled Roosters team.

I hope I’m wrong though.
I was wrong, an injury riddled Roosters team are better than us.

hindy111

Post Whore
You need smart players and guys who bleed for jersey.
We look like we are in slow motion and our backs have no electricity.

Of the sides to finish 7th or 8th.

Sharks,Knights,Raiders,Titans.

Most have had heaps of injuries. If fit do we beat them? I reckon it is a 50/50.

Our next best hope after that is plenty of rain. But we are masking problems. For long term we better off getting our asses wiped and new staff

Bandwagon

Staff member
It's looking pretty unlikely we retain fourth, would have to beat the Bunnies next week, and Manly the following.

Looking at the ladder and draw though we would be a lock for finishing no lower than sixth, if that's where we finish, our first final is likely to be as easy as it's gonna get.

As much as I'd find it distasteful, it might pay to accept that as our fate and take the opportunity to rest up some injuries and rotate some players through the squad to give them extra game time. With the view of hitting the finals in as best shape as we possibly can.

We could spend the time between now and then in super secret training, working on those super secret moves I keep hearing about.

Chipmunk

Coach
You need smart players and guys who bleed for jersey.
We look like we are in slow motion and our backs have no electricity.

Of the sides to finish 7th or 8th.

Sharks,Knights,Raiders,Titans.

Most have had heaps of injuries. If fit do we beat them? I reckon it is a 50/50.

Our next best hope after that is plenty of rain. But we are masking problems. For long term we better off getting our asses wiped and new staff

I can't see us beating anyone in the Finals if we're say 2 or 3 from our last 10 games, which is likely we're we will be.

If we play the Titans we're likely to play a "home" final, at their home ground.

Latest posts