What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Willie Manu To Canberra?

Mr. Snrub

Juniors
I heard on the radio today that Raiders are looking at signing Willie Manu after contract negotians broke down with the St George Illawarra Club. Any one else heard news on this?

jed

First Grade
St George released him, and he was supposed to be going to Castleford, but that's off now. Any more than that is speculation at this stage.

Bay56

First Grade
schif4eva said:
I heard on the radio today that Raiders are looking at signing Willie Manu after contract negotians broke down with the St George Illawarra Club. Any one else heard news on this?

Old news son
icon7.gif

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
played for souths and the tigers, was tough and big and if i remember correctly was farily quick for his size.

not sure why he hasnt been a starter..

Timbo

Staff member
He was axed for being a bail breacher having been arrested for assault.

See if we can set him up as Williams flatmate?

Wobbygong

First Grade
Negotiations broke down with the dragons.....................lol!

He was punted from the Dragons 6 months ago after being charged with assault after a nightclub incident, he was supposed to be joining a UK club but that fell through as well.

To be honest he was playing to his potential last season until the trouble occurred, if he gets his head right & knuckles down he'll be a good impact forward off the bench for you.

legend

Coach
I want players who are not transitional and ill-discliplned but players who are consistent and have a good work ethic. Manu strikes me as a player who does not possess those characteristics.

Copa

Bench
What young, cashed up player wants to live in Canberra when a real city beckons? Probably not many.

This is probably why we get the 2nd chancers.. no city club'll have them

dubby

Bench
Mal Meninga said:
Apparently we signed some bloke who previously had a broken neck aswell..... Forget who he is.

I think thats LL.

Copa, go hide in your cupboard.

Tim Brasher

Juniors
Willie Manu would be a good signing for the Raiders. As a tigers fan I was disappointed to see him leave and I have watched him quite closely. He played extremely well for the Dragons this year before going off the rails. He would tighten up the ruck and give the raiders good go forward and aggression. I really hope he signs for you guys

Perth Tiger

Bench
He was one of those players who seemed to have all the talent but won't go anywhere near his potential. All the best to him though

Chachi

Bench
Happy new year to you all.

I think it's a great move in keeping with our wonderful new recruitment strategy. I think Ronald Furner made a good point in the Canberra Times article when he said we have lost a lot of backrowers in the offseason and Manu may be able to fill one of those vacancies. After pencilling in my likely team for the season I found there was indeed an available position:

1.A Rothery
2.M Hodgson
3.K Kahler
5.T Learoyd-Lahrs
6.B Jones
7.T Martin
13.J Croker
12.A Lomu
11.J Miller
10.T Thompson
9.A Tongue
8.J Williams

14.D Tilse
15.M Weyman
16.T Thurling
17.W Raston

Fair dinkum, I'm going to throw up if I hear one more story about:
a. our second rower shortage crisis,
b. players who deserve a second (or third or fourth) chance, or
c. how impossible it is for us to attract players because everyone hates Canberra.