What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Willie Manu To Canberra?

twistedbydesign

Juniors
Chachi said:
Happy new year to you all.

I think it's a great move in keeping with our wonderful new recruitment strategy. I think Ronald Furner made a good point in the Canberra Times article when he said we have lost a lot of backrowers in the offseason and Manu may be able to fill one of those vacancies. After pencilling in my likely team for the season I found there was indeed an available position:

1.A Rothery
2.M Hodgson
3.K Kahler
5.T Learoyd-Lahrs
6.B Jones
7.T Martin
13.J Croker
12.A Lomu
11.J Miller
10.T Thompson
9.A Tongue
8.J Williams

14.D Tilse
15.M Weyman
16.T Thurling
17.W Raston

Fair dinkum, I'm going to throw up if I hear one more story about:
a. our second rower shortage crisis,
b. players who deserve a second (or third or fourth) chance, or
c. how impossible it is for us to attract players because everyone hates Canberra.

the man has a point...

Macko8

Juniors
waste of money....we've got a stack of forwards we dont need anymore.

elliot needs to look at signing 2 good outside backs come midseason, i still think we need a bit more experience and strike force in the backs.
Theres more than likely going to be injurys in the outside backs this year anyways.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
we have a stack of forwards who under perform...personally i think we needed him.

He probably wont be as good as Lomu in terms of players we expected to be busts but instead came out firing on all cylinders.

Kahlar for example...how he even gets near the starting side ill never know...he has no size..no strength.

Macko8

Juniors
canberra_raiders2k2 said:
we have a stack of forwards who under perform...personally i think we needed him.

He probably wont be as good as Lomu in terms of players we expected to be busts but instead came out firing on all cylinders.

Kahlar for example...how he even gets near the starting side ill never know...he has no size..no strength.

yeah i see your point aye....
i dunno about anyone else but i think i'd rather manu over kahler( as a forward)...strictly on strength and go forward.
but alls said and done...we dont need anymore forwards at this point.

Daza_06

Juniors
Chachi said:
Happy new year to you all.

I think it's a great move in keeping with our wonderful new recruitment strategy. I think Ronald Furner made a good point in the Canberra Times article when he said we have lost a lot of backrowers in the offseason and Manu may be able to fill one of those vacancies. After pencilling in my likely team for the season I found there was indeed an available position:

1.A Rothery
2.M Hodgson
3.K Kahler
5.T Learoyd-Lahrs
6.B Jones
7.T Martin
13.J Croker
12.A Lomu
11.J Miller
10.T Thompson
9.A Tongue
8.J Williams

14.D Tilse
15.M Weyman
16.T Thurling
17.W Raston

Fair dinkum, I'm going to throw up if I hear one more story about:
a. our second rower shortage crisis,
b. players who deserve a second (or third or fourth) chance, or
c. how impossible it is for us to attract players because everyone hates Canberra.

yeah u are correct that Canberra dont need Manu as they already have enough players in the 2nd row position but i would be puttin his name above some of those players. The players that i would have in front of him are
T Learoyd-Lahrs
J Croker
A Lomu
A Tongue

J Miller, T Thompson, D Tilse and M Weyman i would play at prop. so in that case there are only 4 players ahead of him in the 2nd row position. He would be a good buy if u didnt have soo many 2nd rowers

Raider Ultra

Bench
Could do a job for us, have seen him play a few times and he has gone alright. Unlike Williams who only got in trouble once, this bloke has been in trouble with his club and the coppers numerous times. Won't be dissapointed if he doesn't come.

aussies1st

Staff member
Well we've offered him a contract as always. Now its up to the player. Our coaching staff seem to think we don't have any backrowers as we were up for Thompson too.

Mal Meninga

Bench
nah it wasnt LL who had hte broken neck. Some other bloke, wasn't even aware he signed. He's not in the top grade squad either.

Paullyboy

Coach
Please take him away from Canberra then, he's an ill-disciplined thug. Itd be like signing that idiot Hopoate.

Phoenix_Raider

Juniors
Can Scott Prince play hooker? if so we should keep the money saved for manu, Cut a few more nuffies and make prince an offer if he can't sort thinks out with the tigers.. although, i think he's looking to go back to QLD.

aussies1st

Staff member
Prince definitely won't change to a 2nd to last club to play hooker. He will have to play halfback if he came to canberra but that will never happen.

Raider Azz

Bench
Battye said:
He's already ours... as far as i'm aware. He signed for us in November///:roll:
:lol:

if he wants to play for canberra, he will whether he signed with castleford or not.

but like i said, you guys can have him :)

Macko8

Juniors
Battye said:
He's already ours... as far as i'm aware. He signed for us in November///:roll:

news travels fast aye pom pom.
obviously u dont look at the news headlines from the world of rugby league.