What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Willie Mason wants to be a wallaby

DIEHARD

----
When the Bulldogs won last year the 2nd worst thing about it was the fact that the premiership victory would certainly count towards shortening the NRL careers of Braith Anasta, Willie Mason and ultimately and eventually Sonny Bill Williams.

Shifty

Juniors
The precedent has been set, now it's time for Gallop to uphold it.

Gallop came to the rescue when Johns threatened to leave to Union. Now he has to do the same for any other player who may be lost to Union, especially someone as important to the game as last years Clive Churchill Medalist........I'ts only fair.

Even though it's good to see Sonny pledge his loyalty to the Dogs and League, it removes this kind of leverage. Johns played it for all it was worth and good on Mason for trying to do the same.

Good work Willie, Gallop set the precedent, make him uphold it.

rugged

Juniors
Gallop came to the rescue when Johns threatened to leave to Union. Now he has to do the same for any other player who may be lost to Union, especially someone as important to the game as last years Clive Churchill Medalist........I'ts only fair.

No way. No one helped the Broncos with Tuqiri and Sailor, and they actually went (unlike Johns who probably wouldn't have gone anyway).

Johns played it for all it was worth and good on Mason for trying to do the same.

Mason has no leverage as he would not be an attractive package for RU.

Shifty

Juniors
rugged said:

No way. No one helped the Broncos with Tuqiri and Sailor, and they actually went (unlike Johns who probably wouldn't have gone anyway).

They should have stepped in and tried to stop them going, they might not have succeded, but more should have been done to keep them. (Especially Tuqiri)

Johns had the advantage of being the NRL's golden haired boy and he managed to set a precedent that wouldn't have been set by others. It's a shame it took Johns hollow threat for the NRL to take action. The positive is if Brisbane, or any other side, are faced with the situation again they can use the Johns precedent against the NRL.

rugged

Juniors
Maybe Mason had one of those "I Wanna Be A Wallaby" posters on his wall growing up? :lol: :lol:

ibeme

First Grade
The Bulldogs need to sit down and have a chat with Willie, and see whether he wants to stay at the club.

$300k+ is way too much money to be paying someone who doesn't want to be there. If he's not keen on staying, they should pull their offer.

Latest posts