What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

willie mason was the reason aussies lost (fact)

mxlegend99

Referee
TrevorAllan said:
Must be a bit disheartening to guys like Hunt and Inglis to know that Mason, O'Meley etc don't have the balls to run hard and straight at the GB or NZ pack when thats exactly what they themselves were doing.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You must have watched a different game then me. The best moment of O'Meleys night was when he ran at the Pommies girly forward pack and all but knocked one of them out. Unfortunately he lost the ball while being tackled, but it was still a great run.

Also, Mason took on 3 blokes... his only backup being late to it. The first guy he hit got dropped like a girl. Mason may have been knocked senseless when Kidwell put the hit on him and their heads clashed.... but had that happened to one of the GB players... my bet is he would've been taken out in a body bag (if Kidwells head hit Masons... one of those pommy blokes would've had Kidwell's shoulder smash their face)

langpark

First Grade
HUDDERSFIELDUK said:
:thumb

he acted like a thug twice.
He got smashed by hock near the line.
He knocked on with the line at his mercy :D

LIABILITY COMES TO MIND
I agree with you, i want him dropped. Andrew Ryan would have made 10 times more hitups than mason and made more tackles. If the judiciary doesn't fuck him off i hope ricky does

St.John

Juniors
mxlegend99 said:
The best moment of O'Meleys night was when he ran at the Pommies girly forward pack and all but knocked one of them out. Unfortunately he lost the ball while being tackled, but it was still a great run.

The fact he knocked on sort of precludes the possibility that the net result was a great run.

"Unfortunately, he burned the house down, but it was still a great DIY electrical job!"

mxlegend99

Referee
He absolutely flattened the guy he ran at. Losing the ball doesn't make the hit any less beautiful. They replayed it multiple times because of how badly the pom got smashed.

I realise it must hurt to call these guys names and say they don't run it straight... when they infact already have. The 2 guys you attacked directly are guys who got the better of the Poms.

Parra Guru

Coach
I don't really WHY we lost, Willie's punch kept me entertained which is more than I can say for the other games so far

TrevorAllan

Juniors
O'Meley was running diagonally (ie not straight - comprende?) and knocked out the GB winger (Gilmour) before haplessly knocking on.

Now you have the facts, try and come up with a better example of what a tough guy O'Meley is.

Godz Illa

Coach
O'Meley can thank the Aussies lack of depth at prop for his place in the side. Hasn't performed well at all this series - the mistakes and mistackles continued on the weekend. I'd drop him to the bench for Kite in the next match. If Bailey or Ryles were available I'd drop him out of the 17 altogether.

simon says

First Grade
mxlegend99 said:
I realise it must hurt to call these guys names and say they don't run it straight... when they infact already have. The 2 guys you attacked directly are guys who got the better of the Poms.

Thats why they are doing it...the ol English pride has well and truely been dented.They know they lost the fight,they know the hardest man they have on ol' Blighty got decked with one jab.

Its hysterical watching this nation of "hard men" crying over one punch in a test match of a league game.If the toughest UK man hadnt gone down like someone had put a shotgun to his head we wouldnt have heard a thing......pride stings big time.

Thanks for the laugh you soaps.....ooops,I mean no soap.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

mxlegend99

Referee
TrevorAllan said:
O'Meley was running diagonally (ie not straight - comprende?) and knocked out the GB winger (Gilmour) before haplessly knocking on.

Now you have the facts, try and come up with a better example of what a tough guy O'Meley is.
He ran straight at 3 defenders... and one of them went flying. It doesn't matter what angle you're running at on the field... he ran directly at the players. :roll:

I'm not trying to claim he is a touch guy anyway. No one is. Someone called him a soft player along with Mason. O'Meley has done more then his fair share of hard runs to prove them wrong. Against all sorts of players. He has smashed some of the bigger forwards in the game also.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
haven marra said:
And you wouldn't have been floored by a punch that you were not expecting ???
You are so hard hiding behind your keyboard.
How hard is Willie he k.os Fielden then gets the sh*t knocked out of him by Peacock.
Then he goes into hiding when Morley comes on the pitch.
Yes hes a right hard nut is your Willie.

Very good, Fielden was facing up and actualy pushed Mason, with his arm cocked ready to go, but wasn't expecting a punch to be thrown? I didn't think he was that stupid.

Yep, Peacock really got him a good one by pulling him down to the ground in a loving embrace. Face it, Willie got him with a punch he should have known was coming and Peacock just came in swinging haymakers that had no chance of connecting.

If you think Fielden wasn't expecting a punch then you've just proven that he's all talk and would have prefered some gentle samba over a genuine fight.

Mr Saab

Referee
mattyg said:
Mason = Worlds #1 forward.

I dont think so.
Yes the punch was fine, but after the punch willie was MIA for 4-5 minutes.
Did not hit the ball up once.
Top 5 maybe, # 1...no