What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Willie Mason

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
mate you were at the anzac game, what did you think.
the guy lives in a latte culture area, Willie said so on fox sports when he first signed a contract with the rorters and also said he would like that sort of culture, that says enough about his lay back approach, under Bennet he would kill it but NO we dont need grubs to give our club a bad name

Doug2234

First Grade
Mason is a cat. Big bloke with no f**king ticker!

YOUR THROUGH MASON, PACK IT IN, NO MORE SOUP FOR YOU!!! NEXT!!!!

Jubileeboy

First Grade
I would much rather we signed.......wait for it......

Jason Ryles.

I would rather him as a bench player / prop rotation.

Just not sure if we have covered the loss of Poore as well as we would like to think we have.

nrlnrl

First Grade
This from
http://www.nrl.com/newsviews/latest...on-denies-roosters-offer-to-quit/default.aspx
---------------------------------------------------------
interesting that Willie Mason was quoted as saying "I have a contract with the Roosters and I will be playing in the NRL next season"

He doesn't actually say I'll be playing with the Roosters next season.....
The link in my post points to the story that mentions it was reported by Channel 9. Sorry, but I didn't see their news tonight, so I didn't know that it was reported by him specifically - my apologies to Danny Weidler.
progress.gif

Last edited:

nrlnrl

First Grade
thanks for quoting danny widler and not giving him credit.

The link in my post points to the story that mentions it was reported by Channel 9. Sorry, but I didn't see their news tonight, so I didn't know that it was reported by him specifically - my apologies to Danny Weidler.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Bennett would get the best out of Willie but he would be a huge disruption to the players. Plus the amount of unwanted media he would attract. The Daily Telegraph were reporting bad press about the Saints all season and they had no off field drama. With Willie they will have a field day. Last thing Bennett want's (or Boyd) is more press at their doorstep.

It would be a step backwards for the team imo.

woodley_11

Juniors
A good, positive culture breeds success. That is what the Bulldogs have learned and they are starting to turn things around (they will still have the dicks who trash the field when they lose). Willie Mason would be a step backwards to our culture and the Daily Telegraph would have a field day bagging us all year, even more so. He would also chew up a big portion of the salary cap. But to those who say we haven't covered for the loss of Poore, there are big raps coming for Trent Merrin from the Toyota Cup side, prop of the year I believe, and has played a few games in first grade. Not to mention Dan Hunt's improvement throughout last year.

LazyDreamer

Bench
Mason is all hype (mostly his own) and very little substance. He plays a relatively okay game once every blue moon & rests on the laurels of that game for the next howevermany months.

Sure, Bennett's shown with Weyman what he can do with a player, but he also opted to not have Jase Ryles at the club - one of the form props of 2008. Bennett can pick talent, but he can also pick what he can & can't work with.

I'd rather a tabasco enema than have Mason in the big red V.

j0nesy

Bench
This from
http://www.nrl.com/newsviews/latest...on-denies-roosters-offer-to-quit/default.aspx
---------------------------------------------------------
interesting that Willie Mason was quoted as saying "I have a contract with the Roosters and I will be playing in the NRL next season"

He doesn't actually say I'll be playing with the Roosters next season.....

He's not that clever mate.

Latest posts