What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Willie Mason

St. Linnane

First Grade
Yes. 1 year deal with appropriate performance clauses, for up to $100k.

Good relationship with Bennett through tri-nations.
12 months post knee reco - rehab all complete.
The amount of community work this guy does which he doesn't get the press for is unbelievable.
A hard hit line breaking backrower who has played at the highest level consistently.

I used to not like him (when I read the telegraph), then I found out more about him. I'd give him a shot.

_Johnsy

Referee
A hard hit line breaking backrower who has played at the highest level consistently.

When was the last time you saw Mason hit the line with anymore speed than uncle arthur running up hill ?

His size and build he should be destroying defensive lines, he does not.

No heart.

marty_dragon

Juniors
Im with you Boxa, if we could get him cheap then id take him. It wasnt to long ago this bloke was the best forward in the world.

St. Linnane

First Grade
When was the last time you saw Mason hit the line with anymore speed than uncle arthur running up hill ?

His size and build he should be destroying defensive lines, he does not.

No heart.

I seem to remember him causing our defensively line some trouble in both games this year. Seem to rember him causing the Dogs some damge too.

Ray Parlour

Juniors
Is it against the salary cap to pay Les Mason $300,000 to mow the lawn at Kogarah, and sign willie up for 50k a year?

Then i'd take him.

God-King Dean

Immortal
If we could get him for peanuts, I wouldn't mind him coming off the bench at prop.

ZOMG.... imagine Willie & Dell in the same team....

Ridders

Coach
0,,5762761,00.jpg

gregstar

Referee
mason's problem is that he's an over-rated f*ckwit with a rowboat brain behind a battle cruiser mouth.

apart from that, he's an asset for any club.

big pat

Coach
I seem to remember him causing our defensively line some trouble in both games this year. Seem to rember him causing the Dogs some damge too.

i must have been at the wrong games, the anzac game he got smashed every time he touch the ball, and at kogarah he made a 30 mtr dash, then spent 10 mins sucking oxygen.

We signed Bennett to improve the club's consistency and discipline. Signing Mason would be a massive step towards reversing that attitude, and would be very un-Bennett like.

Browny probably would have given him a go if the price was right.

FFS, we need a halfback, not a 2nd rower with ADD.

I dont know if you guys remember when he played under a good coach in Steve Folkes?

The guy was unstoppable, remember? What player wouldnt play sh*thouse under fittler?

i rekon its worth a shot, bennett would not take any crap from Mason...

Latest posts