What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wimbledon

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
Tomic won in straight sets against Malisse, he's into the final 8 with a likely match-up against Novak Djokovic.

It was good whilst it lasted .. but on the plus side, he has certainly announced his arrival!

Good to see Tomic finally start to make a real impact. Hopefully he can knock off Novak and really stamp himself as a future star of men's tennis.

Danish

Referee
Funnily enough despite england being much, much closer to their respective home countries, I somehow doubt this Tomic vs Djokovic clash will be marred by the same level of serb vs croat piss measuring that would engulf such a clash at the Australian Open.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
As much as it would be great to see Tomic win tonight, I think we'd all be having a massive lend of ourselves if we honestly felt he could get the job done.

Novak imo has been the best player in the world over the past 12 months easily.

Danish

Referee
very nervous 1st set for tomic.... but seems to have hit his stride and is up 4-1 after consolidating the break.

If he can take this set we could be in for a great match

Danish

Referee
Well a terrible game there from Tomic to hand him the break back with Djokovic barely contributing to it. I am always wary of early breaks in sets for this very reason, as trying to hold serve for 4-5 games in a row becomes almost impossible.

Wont take much for this set to be lost from here.

Still believe he can take this this at the least, perhaps in a tie break

Danish

Referee
I'll ride it out till the end, but surely this match is over if he loses this set

:edit: and set is lost.... losing 4 games in a row is not a good sign. had him stunned for a while the but now that djokovic is back in front he wont give it back again

Danish

Referee
Tomic making a real game of it in the 4th, clawing back a break after losing 7 games in a row and is now on serve at 4-4.

I really cant see him winning but he is certainly not going to bow out with a whimper.

Perhaps the dark ages of having to rest the aussie hopes at every grand slam on Sammy Choker are over?

Danish

Referee
And its all over.... Tomic goes down in 4.

An terrific effort, really pushed him all the way and really if he could have kept his concentration in the 3rd when he was up 4-2 who knows?

I'm just glad we have an aussie who will actually be competitive in tennis again. watching hewitt run around well past his prime and stosur choke out every time was getting painful.

I think Djokovic will lose his next match though. has not looked comfortable all tournament, and was lucky to be playing such a low ranked player this far into the tournament. Meanwhile Feds and tsonga are slugging out an epic 5 setter, the winner of that match will be in the final IMO

griffo346

First Grade
Danish did u see the doubles where hewitt played that was worse then his singles performance

he teamed up with lucack

Tomic put in a strong effort, but Djokovic is a class above him at this stage in his career. The kid has all the attributes of a champion though, good to see it start to come together, if he finishes the year strong it sets him up for a big 2012.

Tsonga about to serve for the match against Federer. Interesting fact just brought up, Federer is 168-0 in career grand slam matches when he wins the first 2 sets, looking like becoming 168-1 here though.

Can't wait for the Rafa/Djokovic final tomorrow, should be an absolute cracker, Nadal to win it in 5.

The women's final should also be a decent game, I'm hoping Kvitova gets up.

Danish

Referee
Djokovic playing like a man possessed right now. Up a set, and serving for the second.

Rafa is going to need to summon all his class to get out of this one a winner. Looks like djokovic will be to Nadal what Nadal was to Federer.