What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

win, lose or draw

transporter

Juniors
i really regret not signing Maguire from Melbourne, anyone who thinks exactly like bellamy has to be good. maguires now got Wigan to number 1 in ESL.

nathan Browns in Town again - dont know if he'd be a good coach

how did Stone win 6 grand finals in 9 grand final appearances 13 years ??????

Misanthrope

Staff member
how did Stone win 6 grand finals in 9 grand final appearances 13 years ??????

There's a bit of a difference between the fully professional NRL and the semi professional QLD Cup.

Yosh

Coach
I think Zeb is excellent. In Patto and Zeb we have a mighty 2nd row combination and hopefully if we can keep them on the paddock we might really see some magic out wide this season.

sneaky_is_here

Juniors
This forum will go through the same stages of 04-06.

Replace initial and eventually justified Hagan bashers with initial and eventually justified Stone bashers.

Replace Hagan supporters in denial and accepting of mediocrity with Stone supporters in denial and accepting of mediocrity.

It'll gain momentum and obviousness and by the end of the year all the forum will claim how they always knew Stone was a failure.

What a crock...

RABK

Referee
Regarding Hagan supporters - def not a crock - it happened.

We'll wait for the end of the year for the Stone part.

Alex28

Coach
What a crock...

It really isn't. Drag up the discussion we had about the prospects of Stone being coach last year and 80% of the forum was in support. There were a few who disagreed and wanted Kearney or Maguire but they were shouted down.

The majority here absolutely wanted Stone as coach.

perverse

Referee
i thought things were looking great for stone at the start of the year... and i was really optimistic about what he could achieve with the current playing roster.

amazing what a difference 7 weeks can make.

i still haven't properly worked out whether it's the drug scandel or the coaching that has brought us down this year, or a combination of both. until i have decided which, i'm not going to outrageously bag him. if the players were trying hard but losing i would lean towards it being a coaching problem... but aside from round 1 i haven't seen the team play with any will or desire, and most players are playing with bugger all commitment whatsoever. some might say that this too is a coaching problem, and i would agree with them if there wasn't still a big drug scandel potentially looming over the club.

therefore, i'm still on the fence... perhaps leaning towards an opinion that in spite of all the problems off the field, stone should still be able to make the blokes at least have a go. my gut is still telling me there is a reason certain players are still playing like busteds with zero enthusiasm, though.

perverse

Referee
It really isn't. Drag up the discussion we had about the prospects of Stone being coach last year and 80% of the forum was in support. There were a few who disagreed and wanted Kearney or Maguire but they were shouted down.

The majority here absolutely wanted Stone as coach.
i think you'll find (or it was certainly the case for me) that most people considered stone a bit of an unknown, but agreed that his coaching credentials at lower levels were extremely acceptable and that him being a local and having a good rapport with the players would be a positive thing. i don't think anyone was actively against signing up kearney or anyone else in favour of stone... more willing to give the club the benefit of the doubt in picking him. i'm pretty sure there would have been just as much support of the decision if we went with kearney or maguire. i certainly would have been thrilled with kearney, he was the first bloke i thought of for the job.

it's getting harder and harder to continue giving our club the benefit of doubts.

sneaky_is_here

Juniors
What I'm saying is two different coaches, two different sets of circumstances. I'll just be honest in saying like everyone else who isn't a knights fan, from round 1 i couldn't see us in the 8.

Our roster simply isn't good enough nothing changing from last year minus house and wicks and i can't think of a coach (neither Kearney or Maguire) that is going to really change the performances we are getting. And all that isn't Stone's fault. Stone is dealing with what he is given. Which like i said is basically F*** all.

Hagan on the other hand was given a team with Johns and Bedsy and f*** that up, so again why are we comparing?? Seriously after 7 weeks stone deserves his chance. If we were cronulla i would probably see your view.

Last edited: