What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WIN TV HD Picture Quality VS FOX Sports HD

blackberryman

Juniors
Is it just me or is it 320p on WIN TV ??

I'm all for free to air finals, but atleast match the quality, far from SD let alone HD....

nqcowboy87

Bench
with a name like blackberry man you obviously care too much about technology, its a television get over it

Sleep

Juniors
Win HD is not 1080i. Not even close. The difference between Win and Nine is huge. Win is garbage.

johnnyg

Juniors
Win HD is not 1080i. Not even close. The difference between Win and Nine is huge. Win is garbage.

Where I'm sitting it is. As opposed to SD Win (Channel 8) which is 576i. Can definitely tell the difference between the 2.

beave

Coach
yeah WIN HD here in Tvl is no way in the world 1080i................ watching the replays of the 9 HD coverage at 10pm in Foxsports HD showed it up deluxe.

johnnyg

Juniors
Just turned over to WIN HD (Southern Highlands) and notice they've made channel 80 into GEM. I'm now left to watch the Footy show on channel 8 in 576i. Can't even make out Vossy's face. WTF????

If they show the grand final in this sh*t ill be spitting chips!!!

Might ring Win tomorrow and see what the go is.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Just turned over to WIN HD (Southern Highlands) and notice they've made channel 80 into GEM. I'm now left to watch the Footy show on channel 8 in 576i. Can't even make out Vossy's face. WTF????

If they show the grand final in this sh*t ill be spitting chips!!!

Might ring Win tomorrow and see what the go is.

it's the same for 9 and NBN

the main channel is no longer HD

7 have done it too. 7Mate is now their HD channel

the GF will be shown in HD on GEM though

brad_19

Juniors
it's the same for 9 and NBN

the main channel is no longer HD

7 have done it too. 7Mate is now their HD channel

the GF will be shown in HD on GEM though

Unlike the AFL's replay which is being shown in SD only! And we were worried about no HD for the Prelims (not that it really matters here in Vic anyway :p )!!

analyst

Juniors
not sure about WIN but channel 9's so called "HD" is crap compared to fox sports HD, NRL super saterday and replays of free to air nrl games on fox sports HD sh*ts all over nine's rugby league

blackberryman

Juniors
with a name like blackberry man you obviously care too much about technology, its a television get over it

No, as you will read in this thread, watching the Footy show last night was absolutely dismal, could barely make out Vossy's face, was tempted to go back to Analogue at the time.

Fox Sports HD is actually HD, 1080i from what I can tell....

It's not just about the technology, it's the age old bush vs city services argument and the fact that it was not broken before, so why fix it ?

Think i'll call WIN.

P.S. A spoon's in the mail for you, since you are the real wooden spooners.

blackberryman

Juniors
Hey look.. a Steelers fan..

So which team you going for in the Grand Final?

How ironic, the two wooden spooner supporters having a go at the Steelers fan in one thread :)

Technically Melbourne is a merger too... double the salary cap and all.