What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windsor 2013

murraymob

Coach
its safe to say the gains far out weigh the losses .The only area for concern for me is the backs even at first grade we are very thin

Kilkenny

Coach
Shame Vaurasi didn't kick on. I thought he had the goods from his junior days. Still young so hopefully for his chances in the NRL are not lost.

franklin2323

Immortal
Live on fox sports 1130 Monday.

Anyone wanting to see the form of Austin, Moylan, Nabuli etc 1st hand here's a chance.

marty65

Juniors
I will definitely be watching. Keen to see how Austin goes again at 5/8. Surely he must be only 1 more good performance away from a start in 1st grade.

mxlegend99

Referee
Yep my Foxtel IQHD is set to record this if I am not awake or at home or whatever when it is on. But it's the thing I look forward too tomorrow the most... as there's more to like about the Windsor side then the Panthers side IMO. So many good players who deserve a shot... and this will be the first time I have seen a few of them this year.

chrisD

Coach
Austin steps through the line like Fittler then gets the ball stripped like Walsh. Refs doing everything they can for us.

marty65

Juniors
24 ALL. Probably a fitting result.
Despite getting the ball knocked out of his hand when just about to go over for a try, Austin certainly put his hand up again for a 1st grade call-up. Backed up Moylan for a good try, looked dangerous with the ball, put Cherrington through a big gap which should have resulted in a try late in the game, smashed a few Auckland forwards with strong defence and kicked a few goals. I just hope Cleary was watching.

Moylan was probably the only other Windsor player who could justify a 1st grade call up on today's performance.

betcats

Referee
From what i saw id brinv Moylan in at fb and Austin in the halve with Humble. I thought he was pretty good today. Sam Anderson will be a good prop i think. Matty Robinson tackled well but i didnt notice him with the ball.

mxlegend99

Referee
What did everyone think of that no try at the end of the game? Replays showed his foot didn't touch the line, and that try would have given us a win instead of a draw. Obviously without a video referee they would have to rule on what they think happened, but it still sucks for a legitimate try to be disallowed because a touchie saw something that didn't happen.

murraymob

Coach
the no try at the end was a try but cant blame the touchie as it was that close the replay had to be slowed down to see.The touchie has to make a instant call.All up pleased to get out of it with a draw as its always hard to get a win over there.
Austin and moylan did enough for a call up.The rest still have work to do .Daniella is a long way off poor game today

franklin2323

Immortal
No one in 1st grade scores the Moylan try or makes the break he did. Austin was great in defence & attack faster then I thought. Anderson was good looks capable.

How big were they?? We certainly missed Masoe, KOD & VTK up front.

MX I can see how the touchie came up with that call. How the ref missed the offside after the Austin strip is beyond me. Cherrington's bombed try. Followed by the going wide rather then for the fg was a poor passage of play

marty65

Juniors
One thing seemed very clear to me today. Austin is way too good for reserve grade (NSW Cup). Apart from his strong defence and goal kicking abilities, he looked threatening every time he touched the ball. Half breaks, putting players into gaps...etc. He wont be playing reserves for long. If we dont put him into 1st grade soon....some other team will. Contracts these days aren't worth the paper they are written on.

marty65

Juniors
One thing seemed very clear to me today. Austin is way too good for reserve grade (NSW Cup). Apart from his strong defence and goal kicking abilities, he looked threatening every time he touched the ball. Half breaks, putting players into gaps...etc. He wont be playing reserves for long. If we dont put him into 1st grade soon....some other team will. Contracts these days aren't worth the paper they are written on.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors

Spot on Marty, Austin is in first grade this week. Yeah!

murraymob

Coach
be interesting to see how walsh responds.He should be to skill full for this level but will he run the ball against weaker teams