What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windsor and 20s Finals

maple_69

Bench
Now that the first grade side is out (much later than expected) we can ride the lower grades home!

20s had a dominant win over the 2nd ranked team this afternoon. Still have a few players out but look like they should be favourites. Cartwright, DWZ, Moss and Roberts are far too classy for this comp now. Cartwright, as we all know, is just on another level. These guys will take us to a premiership.

For Windsor I think we've benefited from sending the 20s back. While most did well, there was too many young guys to compete consistently. With a few guys coming back from first grade I can see us featuring on grand final day here to, however, the Sharks are bloody good. Cherrington, VTK, Nabuli, Anderson and Moylan are all hitting their straps and hopefully get some first grade action next year. Really hard to see this side not winning it all next year. They would give the Eels a real run for their money.

So lets get behind the boys and cheer on our future stars, and hopefully have a couple teams representing Penrith on grand final day to cap a year of significant progress!

broncos2010

Juniors
Now that the first grade side is out (much later than expected) we can ride the lower grades home!

20s had a dominant win over the 2nd ranked team this afternoon. Still have a few players out but look like they should be favourites. Cartwright, DWZ, Moss and Roberts are far too classy for this comp now. Cartwright, as we all know, is just on another level. These guys will take us to a premiership.

For Windsor I think we've benefited from sending the 20s back. While most did well, there was too many young guys to compete consistently. With a few guys coming back from first grade I can see us featuring on grand final day here to, however, the Sharks are bloody good. Cherrington, VTK, Nabuli, Anderson and Moylan are all hitting their straps and hopefully get some first grade action next year. Really hard to see this side not winning it all next year. They would give the Eels a real run for their money.

So lets get behind the boys and cheer on our future stars, and hopefully have a couple teams representing Penrith on grand final day to cap a year of significant progress!

Yeah the under 20s look strong with all the top players having played with the men in the nsw cup has really made a difference when they have come back.

I still think raiders are stronger on paper.

soc123_au

Staff member
You would have to think it will be a Panthers vs Raiders GF. If it is it should be a belter of a game.

franklin2323

Immortal
The thing with the 20's Not only did Evans, Satini & Yeo (all have played NSW Cup) not play. but Jennings and Wilson went off injured. So they are just cruising atm what could hurt us is lack of a GK

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I am hearing Evans is back this week, with Yeo and Blake the week after.

Goalkicking is the only negative when it comes to this side.

chrisD

Coach
6. Evans
7. Foster

What I was expecting but not what I was hoping. Connelly and Hewitt have been really good.

kiwipete

Juniors

Could not agree with you more, really positive to have both teams in the finals and it gives us something to cheer about for another few weeks. Can't wait to see those that you have mentioned in the Wolves side play next year after a great year this year to develop and learn more about playing seniors footy, against some NRL old hands in the other sides.
Nabuli is the most exciting wing prospect I've seen in years, just needs to hone his defensive skills a bit and he'll be a nightmare to face especially under the high ball. Moylan has shown that he is definately up to FG standard and has a huge future at the Panthers, just hope we can keep him. Cherrington and VTK are also a couple of back rowers of the future if they can both stay fit and I think Anderson is another McHendry in the making, no frills, no mistakes, big motor and great in defense and scores tries as well, roll on the finals. Good luck boys!!

GongPanther

Referee
Windsor won tonight (Fri 6th) in a very close one 24-22 against Wyong Roos.

We now need the Dogs to beat Newtown for us to stay in the top 4.

maple_69

Bench
Wish they'd scheduled it at Allianz. Would have been great seeing a NSW Cup final, 20s final and 2 NRL finals.

rem286

Juniors
20's would want to improve on their effort against Manly. Yes they got the win, but boy it was messy. A lot of errors within 20m of the oppositions line. Cartwright ran some excellent lines and got through the line a few times but boy the kid can drop off some tackles.

Pomoz

Bench
20's would want to improve on their effort against Manly. Yes they got the win, but boy it was messy. A lot of errors within 20m of the oppositions line. Cartwright ran some excellent lines and got through the line a few times but boy the kid can drop off some tackles.
I guess 147m, 8 offloads, a try, 5 line breaks, 2 line break assists and 29 tackles probably wore him out which was why he missed 5 tackles. geez, talk about a hard marker. What does he need to do to impress you?

Latest posts