What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windsor and 20s Finals

rem286

Juniors
I guess 147m, 8 offloads, a try, 5 line breaks, 2 line break assists and 29 tackles probably wore him out which was why he missed 5 tackles. geez, talk about a hard marker. What does he need to do to impress you?

I didn't say I wasn't impressed, but if he is dropping off these tackles in the 20's then the bigger boys are going to destroy him (didn't see many Windsor games this year but from what I have heard he did struggle a bit in defence at that level also, but was still very good in attack). It seems the only chink in his armour that I have seen, but given his young age still has plenty of time to work on it.

maple_69

Bench
Holden Cup team won 48-22 tonight. It was 22-22 with 15 to go and then we hit the afterburners. Waqa scored 4 and Foster was probably the best, but usual suspects with strong contributions. Can't see anyone coming close to these guys, with a few still due back. We also missed 6 conversions which could have taken us to 60 against the 3rd best team.

Great effort from Windsor to topple Cronulla also today. Final score was 24-22 with Windsor scoring two late tries and then holding on their line in the final moments to take the win. Sounds like Cronulla were well below their best and both teams poor completion. Austin got the most mentions. Could be favourites here now also, but it sounds like it was a scrappy game so hopefully they improve in a fortnight.

GongPanther

Referee
Holden Cup team won 48-22 tonight. It was 22-22 with 15 to go and then we hit the afterburners. Waqa scored 4 and Foster was probably the best, but usual suspects with strong contributions. Can't see anyone coming close to these guys, with a few still due back. We also missed 6 conversions which could have taken us to 60 against the 3rd best team.

Great effort from Windsor to topple Cronulla also today. Final score was 24-22 with Windsor scoring two late tries and then holding on their line in the final moments to take the win. Sounds like Cronulla were well below their best and both teams poor completion. Austin got the most mentions. Could be favourites here now also, but it sounds like it was a scrappy game so hopefully they improve in a fortnight.

TheFrog

Coach
The Raiders U20s have gone down to the Dogs. This is not good news for our side because we will now have to play the Raiders in the prelim, assuming they win next week.

Kilkenny

Coach
The Raiders U20s have gone down to the Dogs. This is not good news for our side because we will now have to play the Raiders in the prelim, assuming they win next week.

Doesn't make any difference, you have to be prepared to beat anybody if you are to claim the big prize. Despite the big win on paper yesterday and scoring 10 tries to 4 I didn't think we were anywhere near our best. Sounds silly but that's the way I saw at the game. It was a touch disappointing there were so few Panther fans at the ground the boys deserved a few more supporters to cheer them on. To the credit of the players they went and shook the hands of our supporters who own the very large 'flags' all six of them. Good on them.

maple_69

Bench
Definitely didn't play great. It was one of those games where we weren't on our game but just had too much class for the Roosters. Can't afford to rely on class against the Raiders, but should have their measure as long as we turn up.

Agree Kilkenny, the whole crowd was disappointing to be honest. There was a massive punch up a few metres from where I was sitting with some Sharks mates. All over spilled beer. Was blood everywhere.

murraymob

Coach

the raiders where terrible today and they also picked up a few injuries.They may struggle to win next week to even get to play us

franklin2323

Immortal
Canberra with injuries & ineligibilty of Milford are weaker then us on paper. That said we need a goalkicker badly. It was 22 all yet we missed a few easy kicks. Yeo, Evans back will help strengthen us.

The backline talent is great to watch. Blake will be a star he pushed Satini out & is keeping Jennings on the wing. NYC eligible again next year will be even better.

Maple on the crowd there's was atleast 50 'regulars' I saw not in colours though. I just had a Panthers hat with normal clothes. I think it's strange to wear a jersey of a team not playing there.

maple_69

Bench
Yeah i know what you mean franklin, I was plain clothed sitting with Sharks so you wouldnt of picked me after the game had finished. I more meant the turnout fothe whole night was poor and there were a lot of dickheads in the crowd. r

chrisD

Coach
Evans back will help a lot in defence, Hewitt was weak.

Foster looks like another Gower, never should have resigned Kingston.

franklin2323

Immortal
It was always going to be the case though so many dropkicks can't handle booze. It's why cricket is light beer only the 9's in Feb will have the same issues

franklin2323

Immortal
I was expecting more of us though hardly surprising as a Panther fan you know Sept will be NRL free & a few mates of mine cricket was back given the game was easily IQ'd

As for the dickheads. It was always going to be the case though so many dropkicks can't handle booze 6 hours in the Sun 12 or so standard drinks. It's why cricket is light beer only the 9's in Feb will have the same issues

Kilkenny

Coach
Any thoughts our NYC side were morals for the premiership were probably dispelled given tonights performances from the winning sides. In respect to last week as I posted previously I didn't think we were overly impressive against the Roosters. Well I have just watched the Warriors absolutely wipe the floor against the Roosters. Very powerful performance. Didn't see any of the Raiders win but judging by scoreline they were also pretty impressive. We will surely have to be at our best next week judge to get thru to the big one. Looking forward to see how both our Wolves and NYC fare. Here's hoping both can make the GF which will make the day all the more interesting for Panther fans.

maple_69

Bench
I only got to the game for the second half of the warriors game but the Roosters were just woeful in defence. Raiders were always going to be our biggest problem and if we turn up to play we should be able to handle them.

murraymob

Coach
next week windsor game will be live on fox sunday at 1.10 pretty sure u20 game is live on saturday on fox as well