What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winterstein

Charlie124

First Grade
In order of preference i would like us to sign Winterstein, Tate, Daylight, Talanoa, Gordon.

I dont think Talanoa is much of an improvement (if any) on Bani and we just don't need another Goalkicker, Gordon is just an OK winger.

tezzah

Juniors
Neil Henry is a good hard coach! Give him some time - he's building a team from scratch. Winterstein would be a great pick up.

hellteam

First Grade
Tate would be good for you guys I reckon, Graham just isn't up to it at all.

Winterstein would be solid, but can't really see it being too much of an improvement.

beads6

First Grade
Tate would be good for you guys I reckon, Graham just isn't up to it at all.

Winterstein would be solid, but can't really see it being too much of an improvement.

Are you High?? Winterstien is so much better than Bani and Williams/

Didgi

FMD, we cannot buy Grothe. Anyone over some f**king Rockstar wannabe that 'plays footeh 4 da billz'

beads6

First Grade
Poor Cowboys, signing Grothe would be a nightmare for you fans. Like a step backwards an even older nuffie winger.

Talanexor

Juniors
We just need a couple of cheap wingers who can do their job and nothing more. They just need to be able to catch, defend and finish off tries, they don't have to be the next Greg Inglis.

If you take his goalkicking out of the equation, Gordon is nothing special. I still have my doubts over Talanoa's consistency - at his worst he's as bad as Williams or Bani are at the moment, not really an improvement.

Winterstein meets the criteria. Better yet, he won't get a go at the Broncs because Yow Yeh and Kemp are better players. That doesn't mean Winterstein is bad, or would be a step backwards, he's exactly what we need.

DeeJ

Bench
From a very reliable source on another forum you guys have nabbed Winterstein for next year. He will serve the Cowboys very well.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
From a very reliable source on another forum you guys have nabbed Winterstein for next year. He will serve the Cowboys very well.

I read that Winterstein knocked back the offer from the cowboys and said he wants to stay a Broncos a few weeks ago.:?

That aside, I think it could happen as we do have 3 first grade standard wingers in Yow Yeh, Kemp and Winterstein, and some good youngsters in the lower grades for depth. So it's not like we REALLY need him.

For a while I have thought that the Cowboys should make a play for him. I dunno why but I just think he would be great for them even though I don't want him to leave:p. He is a fantastic finisher as he showed last year when Hunt set him up numerous times and Winterstein finished it off. He seems to be improving under the high ball too. He won't be a guy who creates tries and does freakish things by himself though.

I also have a strange urge to see Tate in a Nth Qld jersey. He would fit in well up there I reckon.

1.Bowen
2.Tupou
3.Tate
4.Tonga
5.Winterstein

That would be the best backline they have had in years. :D
They would have to offload a couple of their nuffy forwards though to get Tate.

Last edited:

Charlie124

First Grade
please please please please PLEASE!!

i just hope we dont stop there, id love us to sign Tate as well as a good prop.

BDR

First Grade
I watched the Broncos game last friday night with great interest. As soon as I saw him catch a bomb under pressure I was passing around the hat so we could give the kid a contract. For too long we've been let down by sh*thouse wingers, let's get a quality youngster who we can mold into a top-flight player.

If this is true it will be the best news I've heard from the Cowboys all year

Broncos fan!

Juniors
This is true. But the offer the Broncos gave him wasn't good enough.

Oh... Thats disappointing. Surely we could have offered him something decent with Folau leaving. Unless it was some ridiculous amount of over or something.

DeeJ

Bench
Oh... Thats disappointing. Surely we could have offered him something decent with Folau leaving. Unless it was some ridiculous amount of over or something.

I don't think they thought it was an area where a large portion of the cap should be distributed to. We have young good new wingers every season anyway.

Talanexor

Juniors
Yeah, the Broncos are unbelievably good at producing quality wingers.

The last decent winger we produced was Ty Williams, and it's been a long time since he was good.

beads6

First Grade
Well done to the Cowboys on this signing, they have finally started to fix there weakness.. Winterstien won't let you blokes down..

Didgi

That's one step in the right direction. Hopefuly now we can snare Tate as well.

The way I see it, our forwards perform well 50% of the time, the backs perform well 15% of the time, so we should completely fix up the backs before we start on the forwards.

Saturday night Hogan did well, Webb played the best game in yonks, Mason looked good.