What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wisdom Teeth

2 True Blues

Coach
You wont feel a thing. just numbness and the drool of your saliva on your shirt collar, So suggest you wear an old shirt.

Not a prob.

Not a worry at all with recent denistry. Dont stress mate. And I had mine out in the eighties. Was easy even then

Alehana

Juniors
oh yeh theres a stereotype that its all pain, i'm not falling for that, i know i'll be king hit from behind, but just like stuff for preparation, and afterwards, best food ect

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'm getting mine out in just over a month - all four. Going completely under in hospital tbh.

Abz

Juniors
They'll give you a glass bottle. It's literally how you go to the toilet.

Alehana

Juniors
this is first chance i've had to get on computer and ppl who are about to get them out heres what its like and some tips

1. the lead up to the operation and the operation is nothing compared to what u have to go thru after its done
2. i can hardly remember going to hospital and coming out of it it was that quick
3. the pain its not a sharp pain, more one that legitimate, not harsh but it doesn't go away at all, even now i'm in a bit of pain
4. it feels like some chiseled their way into ur jaw
5. i havent eaten solids and its been 3 days, you have a heaps soar throat after, so eating anything straightaway is a struggle, best thing is yohgurt, ice-cream, jelly, i found yohgurt the best
6. make sure u take ur pain killers and nurofen anti-imflammetry
7. the mornings is when it hurts the most, but when u get up and have ur pain killers its fine
8. sleep as much as you can, makes the time go quicker that ur not comfortable
9. up and go are good, milkshakes, cause they r like a meal in liquid

pain rating

1. just woke up, not as bad as i thought it would be
2. the first afternoon- the pain builds up
3. the first night, not excrutciating, but there
4. the first morning, really, really bad
5. afternoon- pretty bad, face swollen up like a baloon
6. second night, bad
7. second morning, the worst of all
8. second afternoon- swelling goes down, and pain starting to go down

The first 2 days are the worst, painful, hungry, swallen face, but after that i can feel its starting to get real better, the surgery is nothing, its an experience more than anything, make sure u thank the surgeon before he knocks u out, u wont see him/her again, try and remember the instant before getting knocked, bet u cant, when u get home, sleep, take pain killers and anti inflammetety, and keep ur head above ur heart, so the blood doesn't make the swelling worse.

wittyfan

Referee
I had two wisdom teeth taken out of the bottom of my mouth about ten years ago. I was supposed to have the top wisdom teeth taken out as well a bit later, but I never went back it was that bad!

Also I threw up because of too much Nurofen on an empty stomach!

Azkatro

First Grade
I had all four out at once when I was 18. Had the op early in the morning (general anaesthetic) and woke up with my mouth so full of wadding I felt like I couldn't breathe and freaked out a bit. Partly because of the shock associated with coming out of anaesthetic as well I guess. Spent the rest of the day in the hospital bed in a haze of pain and falling in and out of sleep, then at 6pm when I was ejected the effect seemed to wear off all of a sudden and I went home feeling fine. Bleeding for me was minimal and pain well managed by the Forte (luckily I was able to keep a stash later on).

stuke

Bench
i had mine removed individually in the chair. done in the morning, eating solids by night (just chewing on the one side of the mouth). thing that hurt the most was where the dentist had lent against me to get leverage to get the suckers out.

Alehana

Juniors
I had all four out at once when I was 18. Had the op early in the morning (general anaesthetic) and woke up with my mouth so full of wadding I felt like I couldn't breathe and freaked out a bit. Partly because of the shock associated with coming out of anaesthetic as well I guess. Spent the rest of the day in the hospital bed in a haze of pain and falling in and out of sleep, then at 6pm when I was ejected the effect seemed to wear off all of a sudden and I went home feeling fine. Bleeding for me was minimal and pain well managed by the Forte (luckily I was able to keep a stash later on).

You got the best treatment, i was forced out of my bed, i was asleep and the nurse came in and woke me up, and said i had to eat something b4 i leave, the next thing i know, my blankets r off and i'm getting told to leave, is forte like a very strong pain killer? i only used nurofen and panadine

NPK

Bench
My mouth was bleeding for hours after I had mine out...even with the gauze in my mouth I woke up the next morning to a bloodsoaked pillow which I had to throw out :shock:

I don't think that's the norm though...

Latest posts