What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wise Kativerata

Hurriflatch

Referee
Former Dragons and Souths winger orginally for Fiji.

A big winger 100kg and isn't slow but by no means is a super fast either. Has had problems in the past on defence but when he does get a hit in they are usually quite big just ask Hodgson.

Phillips

Referee
i thought he played well in his last game for souths last yr, he set up a try with a good flick pass and scored one himself, i'd say he is faster then Matt Peterson

hah oh was that him that smashed brett?haha well smithy must see somethin in him if he has him starting ahead of Dave, looking forward to the game should be awesome :clap:

Stagger eel

Staff member
Wise is 27 years old, so he's not quite a kid but he's definetly an intersting character. He was signed by Souths from St George about 6 weeks into the premiership last year. He was selected in the next 8 matches at centre and from all reports held his own scoring 5 trys [including 3 against Melbourne] We then sneaked under the noses of Souths by signing him the day Souths offered him more dough than us. He was than dropped to researve grade where he didn't play first grade until the last round of the season where he scored a try against the sharks.

I did see him in a premier league game a week later where he scored 3 tries including an intercept try against Balmain. Wade McKinnon also scored twice that game.

Pazza

First Grade
Heaps of players have gone missing at souths. Wade was a great talent till he went to souths. Adam Peek didnt even make first grade at Souths now he is one of our best. I am willing to give Wise a crack, its not like he was a terrible player at a good club, i think that poor coaching is the reason for most of Wise's faults.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
HE played two quarters in the Ballina trial against Cronulla and did nothing.

I was surprised to see him named in first grade, so he must have done something in the other games.

Mad-Mark

Juniors
I was surprised to see him named in first grade, so he must have done something in the other games.

I saw him against the tigers and cannot believe he is in first grade.... Its not that he did anything wrong its just that he didn't do anything fullstop!!! A winger needs to come of his wing to take some pressure off the forwards in attack he rarely did this or anything else!!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
Pazza said:
Heaps of players have gone missing at souths. Wade was a great talent till he went to souths. Adam Peek didnt even make first grade at Souths now he is one of our best. I am willing to give Wise a crack, its not like he was a terrible player at a good club, i think that poor coaching is the reason for most of Wise's faults.

Peeky played 10 firstgrade games at Souths in 02.

PB

Bench
Kat's three tries against Melbourne had to be taken with a grain of salt as is direct opponent that day was Sami Tadjulala (spel?) who rates as the worst defensive winger, and line balls Jarrad Anderson and Bajhouri as the worst players in the comp.

But what i have seen of Kat in the past has impressed me. Enough to keep Freshy out of the starting side?, i'm not sure yet.

There is also the story from two years ago where he busted a bone in his ankle, his mother instructed him to wrap it in some fancy leaf with various oils on it (old Fijian remedy), and he was back a fortnight after the injury! :shock: :shock:

He kind of resembles Allblacks winger Rocokoko, and if he is half as strong and fast as him, he will be a handy asset. I'm willing to give him a try.

aqua_duck

Coach
PB said:
He kind of resembles Allblacks winger Rocokoko, and if he is half as strong and fast as him, he will be a handy asset. I'm willing to give him a try.
Unlike Crapaverata, smokin Joe actually has talent.

Latest posts