What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wishful thinking?

After last nights effort i can not recall feeling so flat and dissapointed after a win,is it wishful
thinking to expect WT to be in contention for the semi's given our current ordinary form.At least taking on the Dragons next game we can gauge where we are at compared to heights reached at the back end 2010 where no team wanted to play us,at least one positive is we still have time to rectify the problem.

Tigerm

First Grade
After last nights effort i can not recall feeling so flat and dissapointed after a win,is it wishful
thinking to expect WT to be in contention for the semi's given our current ordinary form.At least taking on the Dragons next game we can gauge where we are at compared to heights reached at the back end 2010 where no team wanted to play us,at least one positive is we still have time to rectify the problem.

I think you are correct, the Dragons will be a good guide & we still have time, from memory, didn't we have an ordinary start to last year, before we knocked a string of wins together? If our full squad can get back together, I still believe we can make the top 4? After that, anything can happen.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
If ever we have a good time to take on the Dragons it is straight after origin. I am not wishing them ill but a few bruises and injuries in their team might help.

I think even with them doubling up after origin they will be too good for us at the moment but that is not to say we are done for this season. I think if we can get our main players back (and in form) we can string some wins together.

I just think there is something 'wrong' with the team and I can't put my finger on it. It seems players are waiting for Marshall or Farah to do something. If these guys are off their game, the whole team is. This is where those experienced players like Lote, Gareth and Lawrence are so missed.

I think the 8 is likely but I can't see us being as high as the top 4, I hope so but I just can't see it. I just don't want to limp into the 8 to make up numbers. Come semi time, I'd hope we are firing like last year.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well reports are that Galloway may be injured, but Ellis and Tuqiri are expected to be back next week.

Gee Lui had a shocker last night though, his first real clanger this year.

Hope he's got it out of his system now.

Farah, Brown and Fifita carried us last night.

Tigerm

First Grade
Well reports are that Galloway may be injured, but Ellis and Tuqiri are expected to be back next week.

Galloway gets injured alot, doesn't he?
It will be interesting how the team will change to accommodate both Ellis & Tuqiri?
The forwards are a no brainer, Schirnack will pay the price, but who will in the backs? I think it should be Moltzen to the bench (or maybe it will be Lui?), Brown to the centres, but who knows? It's never dull.

Front-Rower

First Grade

Sheen's was on the radio last night talking to Joel Caine and said Lote is still two weeks away at least. Has had complications with an infection in his arm. He wasn't overly confident in Ellis either just saying something along the lines of yeah he should be back next week.

simmo1

First Grade
Last year we weren't great during the regular season either, but came within a point of making the GF. We should still make the 8, and provided we haven't go any major injuries, I'm fairly confident we can still threaten for the title.

BTW I'm not sure there is that much of an advantage for us making the top 4, considering we'll be playing at the SFS anyway. We just need to avoid road trips to Brisbane or Melbourne.

super_coach

First Grade
We have no speed or penetration. The dragons will be able to rest half their side and still win 13 plus. They will grind us to death, Penrith nearly did with a team of nufty's, so hate to think what the drags will do. One week is a long time in football but really our mob are so far off the pace its embarrassing.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Suburb home grounds can't be used as a home venue anymore in the finals, they stamped it out over the off season.

Sfs or anz for every sydney team now

simmo1

First Grade
Or Wollongong/Kogarah

Meh, Parra went down there and beat them a couple of years ago from 8th. I'm not sure if beating Dragons at home is any harder than beating them away, and if you want to win the comp you're gunna have to beat them at least once.

Latest posts