What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Witch players face the axe

Sideline Eye

Juniors
Thompson won't be back, Vagana is a 50/50 chance.
Scott to the wing, he's a winger not a centre, Simmons to kick goals, Kelly to the centres with Vagana, Bailey to 2nd row, Gallen to lock. Bench Villasanti, Latu, Bird, Harlen.

shaggs

Coach
Sideline Eye said:
Thompson won't be back, Vagana is a 50/50 chance.
Scott to the wing, he's a winger not a centre, Simmons to kick goals, Kelly to the centres with Vagana, Bailey to 2nd row, Gallen to lock. Bench Villasanti, Latu, Bird, Harlen.

Is this what you heard or is it what you think?

shaggs

Coach
SOme good points there SLE, but Kelly after his game on the weekend wont be called up.
i think that Villa will be on the bench, but bailey will stay in the centres. Harlen got a cut with lots of blood by the look of things so i dont know how he will pull up. I think that Mapp wouldn't be out of place in thompson's role. solid hard defence, gets through plenty of work and can offload.

for that last comment i'm waiting for the deluge of criticism.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Players to get dropped IMO are Maiava, Scott and Covell. Lets face it Covell is only there for his goal kicking if he cant even do that then he deserves to be in PL. We need a winger with speed not a slug.

Who will replace Covell? Hopefully not Scott! Silly decisions in both attack and defence!

And i agree that Hutch is not first grade standard right now!

Bundy

Juniors
Don't really want to jump on the Covell bashing band wagon just coz he had one bad kicking game but, are we heavily weighted on his side of the paddock? How many times does he get put into space, a hole or fed a ball on the over lap and get run down. Why can't we do these things on Albert's side and use the blokes pace?

Bundy

Juniors
Back to the subject tho. Hutch has gotta go. Taking into account his size and abilitiy he is just lazy and offers nothing IMO.
And for Fug's sake Noddy. Welcome back but have a bit of respect for the man that's been filling your shoes. Let him see the farkin ball!
If Simmo can kick well enough, and I assume he could coming from a soccer background, then yes, dump Cov and bring up some pace.
Tany Archer to PLs next week. Even Folkesy said Bails shoudln't have gone and Gallen's hit on Sherwin wasn't a penalty!

Quigs

Immortal
0-top5.jpg

The reason we lost is simple........ the other side got 32 points.

Its not Covells fault that they got that many.. The game is a team thing.

You can't expect to win to many when the op gets that many. Simple Maffs me chin wags.

Cheers
Quigs

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Well here's my take on it and as usual I disagree. Maybe that's my vocation here :)

I wouldn't drop anyone based on the result. No need to and in fact would probably be a negative. The team has been getting through on a wave of confidence and one way to kill that off would be to drop players afyer one loss. Better to just put a rocket up them.

millersnose

Post Whore
well scotts gone anyway

i think playing kearney would be a mistake against the warriors though...

certainly need a little more experience in the forwards also

Chondricthyes

Juniors
Hutch- PL

Cov -well another kicking game like that in a row and we have to look for alternatives

Scott- still think he's the goods but really must tighten up- decisions, discipline. Someone has got to to hammer him during the week and the weeks to come.

Waltzing- feel sorry for him but we need impact.

Latu- I just don't like this 2 hooker Bullsh!t all the good sides have one.