What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Withers Gone

legend

Coach
Mick Monas would be target number one but there is no doubting we are at least two outside backs short for next season. We know there are going to be injuries and Phil Graham never makes it through a full season so contingency plans need to be put in place.

If you have a look through the ESL there should be at least half a dozen quality backs we could sign and a lot of them still have good years ahead of them.

Cryptic

Juniors
I wonder if Side Show Bob is happy over there... He was always a damn handy player himself...

d-a-z-z-a

Juniors
Not sure why this isn't so obvious to all of you.

We had Carney and Campese. Two great ball players. They didn't click. Both want to be the dominant option and no synergy was created they only cramped each others style. Carney alone is good enough.. campese alone is good enough, but together they get in each others way.

For all these years the succesful teams have had one go to man, whether it be a walley lewis, laurie daley, brad fitler, darren lockyer, matt orford. THey all work best being the number one ball player. Campese appears to be exactely the same. When he had a half back by his side playing a more supportive role he fired. Thats exactely what we need. Leave Herbert in there..but put some one like Monaghen there and we'll have two players who may just end up conflicting. We're fine in the halves as long as Campese our champion is fit.

Campese should be our go to man for years and years to come.. the kid has talent and i hope no half back gets in his way.

I dont know what Matt King you were watching but the one i was watching was a fairly handy player and carved us up on a number of occasions. Big, tall, fast, strong, great fend... sounds like a great replacement at centre for Best... He'd be #1 target if i were the club, we've got dollars, throw them at him

I just dont have any wraps on him, the way we played previous years most centres/wingers carved us up, I just dont think he would be worth what he would cost. Dont get me wrong I dont hate the bloke ( entirely) and I would support him if he wore the green, cant say the same for Phil Bailey though.

If King did come he's lucky Weymans not around, last time I remember Weyman ran sone distance to get him.

paulquinn49

Bench
If King did come he's lucky Weymans not around, last time I remember Weyman ran sone distance to get him.

Probably thought King was a biscuit or something.

King would be an awesome signing, but he wouldnt come here for less than 500K, and for a centre I think thats a waste. If he wanted in for around 350 id be up for it.

Montz

Juniors
Oh how I love Withers :oops: - such a shame he couldn't stay on. Altho we have some great prospects for next year to fill the postion.

He would little brain explosions and bad passes, but he always gave it his all. I loved his atttiude, I will miss him and wish him all the best for the future :)

sydraider

First Grade
Damn Montzy, whats going on, havent seen this much of you around these parts for quite some time ;-)

Latest posts