What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Withers-next year's starting hooker?

drake

First Grade
Just going on the last few weeks form, I reckon Lincoln should definately be our starting hooker next year, with Ennis a back up utility off the bench.

Saint 60

Juniors
plenty of time yet mate....i just watched the Souths game of 3 - 4 weeks ago...

dam we were good and Piggy was firing, Gasnier and Cooper and Hornby omg

i wish we could get our dam side on the paddock ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Gorrell in the 2nds can play i tell ya....and Ennis is a young bloke :)

lol tis all good :D

DevilDragon

Juniors
Linc has not been going too bad at all though I beleive he plays better coming off the bench after 20mins. He does play well above his weight but I feel lacks the bulk for the initial exchanges. Given time and a few more kilos will see a very good little hooker in him. I admit I haven't seen enough of Ennis to rate him.

Simon

Juniors
I'd start with Withers at the moment. Maybe over the pre season Ennis will impress Brown and he'll get the nod. On present form though you'd have to stick with Withers. Ennis may get a bench spot as a utility to cover hooker, halves and the back row. However I think he'll have a fight on his hands to gain a bench spot. Withers can play 80 mins, so if he starts at hooker there may be no need for a hooker on the bench. We have plenty of back row and front row depth which Ennis may have to contend with to gain a spot. It'll beinteresting to see how he goes at lock this week for the Knights.

Johns Magic

Referee
Ennis is a gun. It is very unfortunate that we have lost him. He will turn out to be one of the best hookers in the competition in a few years time.

Johns Magic

Referee
Biglance said:
well i think from wat ive seen of ennis he isnt much

You obviously haven't seen much then. He hasn't been able to play hooker this year because of Buderus. That is his real position.

Collateral

Coach
If it came losing either Withers or Ennis, I would rather lose Ennis as I dont think he will be with us in the long term. In the newspaper a week or so ago, it said that the Knights specifically parted with Ennis on very good terms, as they hoped that he would go back to the Knights when Buderus retires.

Lincoln has proved he is a fine Hooker and he is only 23. He is improving heaps everygame and he will never play NSW or Australia due to other players in the hooker position, so he will not be hampered by rep duties.

_Johnsy

Referee
Its a good possie to be in with 3 more than competent hookers at the club. Brisbane have 1, if that !!

nqboy

First Grade
On the evidence of last night, you guys might want to reassess. Withers hits like a truck and plays well above his weight, but offers very little spark from dummyhalf.

Latest posts