What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WK 2 Game Suspension - Ref Collision

DJDL

Bench
Blessing in disguise really.
We need to have a back up ready if Will gets injured.
Ison is a star of the future but not ready but 1 week maybe worth it for him to get a taste but doubt it.
Shonestreet and Hiroti still out and DA in the half’s leaves Iro or Ronaldo? Personally I’d love to see what Ronnie can offer at the back

Me too.
He's looked dangerous the past few weeks when switching infield, or to the back but I don't see it happening.
As @bad boy bubby pointed out, that would mean Iro to the wing and Sifa to centre.
Too many disruptions for one position, so I thin Iro will get the nod.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Fight it. What an absolute joke
I'd think hard about that. As much of a stinking pile of excrement as this is there is precedent this year from memory. Jahrome Hughes copped a week for an equally ridiculous, innocent crash into that fat, heap of shit Chris Butler.

It stinks but the better part of valor might have to come into play here. 1 week is better than 2 weeks

DJDL

Bench
I'd think hard about that. As much of a stinking pile of excrement as this is there is precedent this year from memory. Jahrome Hughes copped a week for an equally ridiculous, innocent crash into that fat, heap of shit Chris Butler.

It stinks but the better part of valor might have to come into play here. 1 week is better than 2 weeks

Pretty sure Jahrome pushed Butler out of his way though.
Therein lies the difference for me.

I did read after I'd posted that something about annesley saying the onus (don't they love that word) is on the player to avoid contact.

It's about the equivalent of someone pulling out onto a roundabout in front of you, stopping for no reason so you smash into them but you're at fault

Chimp

Bench
We simply have to fight this one - the media will be on our side, so even if we lose, the negative media to NRL reaction will probably mean we get a more favourable call on something else further down the line.
But we should absolutely challenge, and should be successful - what are these f**ktards watching….

Reactions: PJ

Frenzy.

Post Whore

Special K

Coach
I don't think moving Sifa is so straight forward. They have been actively trying to rechange his body shape to go back to the middle. Sure it is one week but I dunno. It is a lot to ask of Iro who has spent all year in the centres trying to establish himself. Can he direct the defence around?

I really like the idea of Ison if he has the communication skills. Losing Dykes and DA playing halves is an issue. I think if Horiti is playable he will get the nod. Stonestreet could allow you to drop Ronnie back there but I don't know about that.

This is different to when we went DA over Rodwell. Rodwell isn't an NRL quality player. Ison many believe in. I'm kinda in the f**k it play the kid camp here. It would be the most like for like replacement/least disruption.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Hiroti has never let the side down in very limited opportunities. He's been unlucky not to have had more IMO.

However, I think the disruption will be less to play a fullback at fullback and although I'd rather wait on Ison I reckon the time is nigh that he gets a chance. At least the Cows won't have seen what he can do so he might bring a surprise element to the side.

Can this kid defend? No one ever mentions it.

island pro

Juniors
Not sure what happened to Siteni Taukamo (might have the spelling wrong). He played fullback for Greece at the World Cup and had wraps on him a year or two ago. Pretty sure he is still at the club. Random, I know, but we are kind of scraping the barrel. Ison is obviously ahead of him now I guess.

I’d go the Iro/Sifa route I think.

Last edited:

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Not sure what happened to Siteni Taukamo (might have the spelling wrong). He played fullback for Greece at the World Cup and had wraps on him a year or two ago. Pretty sure he is still at the club. Random, I know, but we are kind of scraping the barrel. Ison is obviously ahead of him now I guess.

I’d go the Iro/Sifa route I think.
Gone backwards at the rate of knots. Won't be a Shark next year.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Nicho in a moonboot?
He should be, he was earlier in the week and had the surgery on Wednesday.

If you're suggesting, with mirth, that he play 1 in a moonboot, why not.

I wouldn't get him jumping for bombs though, that's how he did the injury apparently. Upon landing.

Latest posts