What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WK 2 Game Suspension - Ref Collision

Ison should get his chance, it's not like he will be getting bombs more chips kicks from Chad.
If Ison has a blinder it would put pressure on WK which will improve his performances as well

fizman

Bench
A question for the Learned - Is Newtown our “Reserve Grade Team?”

My understanding is that our Top 30 excess/developing players play for Newtown.

If there was an extraordinary talent that came through Newtown, they are not automatically eligible to play for Cronulla.

The Broncos/Storm/Titans/Cowboys have a couple of QRL Cup Clubs that ARE feeder clubs.

How does this all work now?

In terms of the Fullback replacement, if Newtown is essentially our “virtual Reserve Grade Team” it is next man up - so if young Ison is good enough the be the “Back up Fullback” I am playing him this week for better or worse.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
A question for the Learned - Is Newtown our “Reserve Grade Team?”

My understanding is that our Top 30 excess/developing players play for Newtown.
Correct
If there was an extraordinary talent that came through Newtown, they are not automatically eligible to play for Cronulla.
Correct
The Broncos/Storm/Titans/Cowboys have a couple of QRL Cup Clubs that ARE feeder clubs.
Newtown is not our feeder club. It's partnership of sorts. The Sharks are more like Newtown's feeder club.
How does this all work now?
It doesn't IMO. It slows down development of Sharks players
In terms of the Fullback replacement, if Newtown is essentially our “virtual Reserve Grade Team” it is next man up - so if young Ison is good enough the be the “Back up Fullback” I am playing him this week for better or worse.
Agree

txta2

First Grade
A few teams have thrown in rookie fullbacks this year for cover. Will be interesting to see what Fitz does.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Well from the highlights of the jets game yesterday, it didn’t appear ison did any harm to his chances. Couple of good tries.
He looks a bit small, hard to tell from just a few highlights.

Are we fighting this charge or just copping it on the chin?

jc155776

Coach
Cowards.

Fight the grading. Fight the whole charge. Even if on principle to say ‘hey merkins charge us and you’re gonna waste money and time fighting us’.

It’s what the roosters do hence why there players are constantly being fined before racking up enough charges and points that they can’t even be fined anymore.

It’s a classic legal defence of being a pain in the ass to charge so authorities go low just to get a guilty plea and move on.

Big Bloke

Juniors
Cowards.

Fight the grading. Fight the whole charge. Even if on principle to say ‘hey merkins charge us and you’re gonna waste money and time fighting us’.

It’s what the roosters do hence why there players are constantly being fined before racking up enough charges and points that they can’t even be fined anymore.

It’s a classic legal defence of being a pain in the ass to charge so authorities go low just to get a guilty plea and move on.
Mate I do agree with everything you have said except the first word. Easy for you to say that mate, you're not in the inner sanctum where the decision is being made.

It is ridiculous he was even charged but if they are going to charge and suspend Hughes in Melbourne for his contact with Butler then I can't see this one being overturned.

Let's do either of the following:

(1) Bring in Ison, tell him its just for the one game and see how it goes. If it was good enough for Chevy at the Raiders and Jye Gray at the Rabbits then why not give Ison a go.
(2) Bring Iro to FB and Sifa to centre - this is the way I think Fitz will go.

R-15-3

Bench
Guess we see if ISON plays this week for the Jets or not.
Fitz will give him the week off if he is the next man up.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Roll over big time, but just another nail in the coffin of the game in my eyes.
I can’t believe the charge but you’re wasting your time going against it.

Big Bloke

Juniors
Geeeeez. I expected them to fight for sure.
No way. When it comes to referees, the NRL is overwhelmingly protective of them - no way they let this one through to the keeper. Even though we have been soft in the past about fighting charges, I reckon there was no way, no matter how ridiculous the charge, that Will was ever going to beat it.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Damn what game did I see someone touch the ref after a try…. Manly game I think. Let me see if I can find it.

SharkShocked

Bench
No way. When it comes to referees, the NRL is overwhelmingly protective of them - no way they let this one through to the keeper. Even though we have been soft in the past about fighting charges, I reckon there was no way, no matter how ridiculous the charge, that Will was ever going to beat it.

Ridiculous though, accidents do occur. Eyes completely on ball carrier. Both to blame.

As I said in an earlier post. If he was moving laterally across the line and saw the ref and bowled him over in an attempt to get to another player with 0 concern, then I’d cop it on the chin.

The vision in my mind supports WK pretty heavily.

We don’t contest shit, always roll over.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Look at how the Broncos targeted Stewart. He cost them the game. We went after him the next week too. It isn't that easy.
Yeah, they peppered the Stingray

I think I heard that when Trindall was out earlier Fitz sent a scud up Puru's arse and then told him he was next man up. Nicho was in and out at the time.

Outside the box choice could be Puru in and DA to wear the numero uno short