What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wobbo’s Whinges

mozza91

Coach
It's a prediction. We will be playing them in 2 weeks time.
Storm are the best side this year. Then there’s a gap to Penrith and an even bigger gap to the Roosters, Sharks, Dogs and Manly when they bother to show up.

Melbourne and Penrith will be the GF sadly.

soc123_au

Staff member
We will beat penrith and comfortably.
Not this year you wont. It's getting into the territory of old people telling their grandkids about that time the Roosters beat PENRITH and the Grandkids will just look at them in disbelief. "No Grandpa, Roosters beating Penrith is as much of a myth as a Parra premiership"

Fangs

Coach
Not this year you wont. It's getting into the territory of old people telling their grandkids about that time the Roosters beat PENRITH and the Grandkids will just look at them in disbelief. "No Grandpa, Roosters beating Penrith is as much of a myth as a Parra premiership"

'Back in 20 dickety 19 we had
a good team'.

That video of JWH breaking RCG's jaw from 2019 brought back memories. They were a dangerous outfit back then.

Valheru

Coach
I'm not talking about days gone by, I'm talking about this season. I've seen absolutely nothing from penrith to suggest we can't beat them. Cheese realistically given his form makes no difference. Walker is an issue but he won't be the reason we are competitive in any given match so it will come down to whether others can execute or not.

Wb1234

Immortal
Betting against a panthers grand final win is crazy imo

storm have a great chance but with luai and jfh leaving , IF they bring their a game storm can’t match it

next year totally different story Penrith in rebuild mode

I can see both manly and dogs knocking out sharks and roosters who go out with back to back losses

manly or dogs are dark horses if the top two slip up

JamesRustle

First Grade
And also the last 2 years as that's when they started charging for it.
Most offences are down significantly bur hip drops are a concern

Some NRL stats on Hip Drop actions going back to 2020. On completion of this season, that is 5 seasons of data.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
I'm not talking about days gone by, I'm talking about this season. I've seen absolutely nothing from penrith to suggest we can't beat them. Cheese realistically given his form makes no difference. Walker is an issue but he won't be the reason we are competitive in any given match so it will come down to whether others can execute or not.
Cope harder blud, Walkers been your best player.

Big Pete

Referee
"I've watched it quite a bit and Dylan was about to make the left shoulder tackle.

''Korbin sees he's about to make that left shoulder tackle, and is about to run into his left shoulder, so he steps off the right and rolls out ... and he contacts the back of Dylan Napa's head.

"It happens in our game and it is unfortunate for Korbin, but it's not a penalty or a sin-bin. It's a horrible call."

Robinson said officials had ruled Napa "intentionally went to knock him out with his head".

"It's just wrong," he said.

"It shouldn't have been a penalty. This happens all the time. It was accidental contact with the head and should have been a scrum to us with six minutes to go.

Source

Roosters coach Trent Robinson did not want to be dragged into a debate on this latest incident.

Robinson also would not be drawn in too far on whether Napa's technique – rather than any intent – was the issue.
Robinson defends Napa

"He's a physical player in our game. And he's aggressive in the way he goes about that play.

"The first thing is it's not good to see Andrew in that way... If that was Nug (Jake Friend) I wouldn't like to see him that way.

"But I also support Naps and the way he plays the game. People enjoy the physicality in the way he plays."

Source

Elliott is just a physically aggressive player, it's just wrong, it shouldn't have been a penalty, it happens all the time, it was accidental and it should have been play on.