What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Woeful Weyman

taffy

Juniors
I honestly dont know how this guy is in first grade in his current state of fitness. For a first grade player he is way to over weight and just shouldnt be there! For Thurling to be dropped for him was a discrace and a real kick in the guts to Thurling who is a proven worker.
He did make a good line break but other than that, he was targeted in and was run around in defence, the only tackles he made were flops and most of his hitups he made he landed on his back and was dominated.
The current game is much to fast for a person of his current stature and i feel he needs to get his fitness up in PL before he plays another game in FG...

Roy Rover

Juniors
On the subject of Weyman after seeing him on Saturday (he looked bigger/wider than ever) I think we should change his nickname from 'Horse' to 'The Fridge'.

aussies1st

Staff member
It was his first game back and first game of the year so give him a break. At full flight he is very hard to stop and will give us huge go forward.

dubby

Bench
Geez Taffy, Weyman offers alot more go-forward than anyone else in the pack apart from maybe Logan. You cant discriminate a guy because he is big! I mean gosh, Riddell would never get a game, nor would have Lazarus in his day.

Weyman has injury problems, but when fit he is capable of playing rep footy. His size and aggression are important to the team as is his personality. The players love him and how he has overcome alot of problems to be in the NRL today. He is an inspiration on so many levels.

As soon as you can see the wood for the trees, come back and bring a constructive argument, not just prejudice against a big man.

its gonna take a few weeks for his fitness to be top notch leave him alone he had a good first game back and he is one of our best go forward men

Macko8

Juniors
I wonder if Neil Henry will name TLL in FG this week,he should have another week in premier league

taffy

Juniors
You can't honestly compare riddell with weyman, riddell offers so much more and really puts in an effort.
I'm not saying Weyman is a bad player but an overweight one who souldnt be in first grade in his current physical form.

But can you justify Thurling being dropped for him?

yellow

Juniors
taffy said:
You can't honestly compare riddell with weyman, riddell offers so much more and really puts in an effort.
I'm not saying Weyman is a bad player but an overweight one who souldnt be in first grade in his current physical form.

I totally agree with you Taffy. Personality and players loving him don't cut it. It seems no one. I mean no one can say anything critical of Weyman. I agree you can not compare Jason Riddell to Weyman. Riddell on form is way, way above Weyman in all areas. Trevor Thurling and Campese had very good games the other week. One good run. Remember Weymans first run he got smashed and put on his back (Remember). 18 TACKLES All assists. Watch out here comes Cannonball.

hotdogs

Juniors
taffy said:

i have to agree...can't see the big ups with weyman.yes he's BIG but so is Mason, yes he's STRONG, but so is Ryles and yes he's ugly, but so is Riddell!!!most of all he's a LIABILITY...we all go on about his talent and how good he is-or could be, but i don't think he plays enough games for people to actually criticise him.everyone plays one off good games and when your playng ratio is about 1:15 come on mate surely anyone can pull of a good playing record-you get a longer recovery than most of the others.
i think we're all just HOPING that one day, maybe just one day he'll finally pull together a string of games and be able to back up week in week out. i think he's had too many chances to prove himself and the clubs been far to good to him, and if they sacked lomu for medical reasons the same should be done with him.i don't think its good for the coach not knowing if one of you so called STAR players will able to play next week!!!
thats just my opinion so don't hate me.

yellow said:
I totally agree with you Taffy. Personality and players loving him don't cut it. It seems no one. I mean no one can say anything critical of Weyman. I agree you can not compare Jason Riddell to Weyman. Riddell on form is way, way above Weyman in all areas. Trevor Thurling and Campese had very good games the other week. One good run. Remember Weymans first run he got smashed and put on his back (Remember). 18 TACKLES All assists. Watch out here comes Cannonball.

who the f**k is jason riddell ? loser

Timbo

Staff member
Calling Weyman overweight is harsh. His frame is about 11 metres across-I doubt he's overweight in the true sense of the word.

He is easilly the best prop we have IMO. I can't believe there's critisizm of him at all.

shear_joy9

Coach
I can see him scoring quite a few trys this year, he's extreamly hard to stop 5m out from the line.

Future rep, local junior: get off his back.

viking

Juniors
i see him as the same build as bailey and maybe even webcke.i wouldn't say they are over weight

and as for dropping thurling for him i was under the impression that thurling was out injured with a leg injury and didn't play at all on the weekend.