What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wolfman :(

macnaz

Staff member
Full credit must go to Slater for his quick thinking to stop players moving him an also stabilising his head. It was reported that fans were booing him at the time. Why ? The guy could have prevented a possible wheel chair candidate.

ceagle

Bench
If Dwyer had his shoulder stabilised properly like Wolfman did last night, he might not be facing a career ending injury, the medical staff didnt even care to bring in a stretched for him, they made him walk off the field.

woodyk2

First Grade
speedy recovery wolfy....top work by slater to. I dont like the bloke but it was great to see he knew the severity of the situation and acted accordingly.

mxlegend99

Referee
Very sad news indeed. Not a Slater fan, but it was so good to see him being a good sport and trying to help David Williams. Not sure how he knew it was serious enough to play it cautious, but good on him for doing his best to help an opposition player.

Hopefully David Williams is able to bounce back from this. He hasn't had much luck with injuries and really deserves for things to start going his way.

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
Very sad news indeed. Not a Slater fan, but it was so good to see him being a good sport and trying to help David Williams. Not sure how he knew it was serious enough to play it cautious, but good on him for doing his best to help an opposition player.

Hopefully David Williams is able to bounce back from this. He hasn't had much luck with injuries and really deserves for things to start going his way.

you can hear it...not nice at all, and kudos rightly go to Slater for acting so fast. Hope he recovers well (was good to see movement in his legs straight away) however it can be career-ending regardless (hope not). Happened to a nephew in his first ever game of NPC rugby (now ITM cup) & it was quick actions by the medics at the game that now has him walking around but can't ever play contact sport again. Hope all goes well for Williams

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Bad news. Well done to Slater, by memory Wally Lewis, another player that fans love to hate once saved an opposition player's life by clearing his mouth after the player swallowed his tongue (his own not Wallys:D).

juanfarkall

Coach
I dislike Manly intensely and believe that Williams' rep jerseys and publicity are due more to good fortune than good performances on the field.
Having said that I am saddened by news of this injury and wish the young man well in his recovery to a normal life.

afinalsin666

First Grade
I was wondering what was going on at the game, we were behind the sheds and couldn't see the screen. Heard the crowd booing and thought Billy was down. Glad he helped, but watch the respect between the players, and the good sportsmanship, get no media time at all. Goddamn i hope he is alright. never good to see a player go down like that.

Father Ted

First Grade
Pardon me for coming onto your forum I dislike trolls But I Feel the need to say that I Hope the young Wolfman makes a complete and safe recovery.

macnaz

Staff member

Aparantly Slater heard the crack and called " neck neck" dont move him.

andrew057

First Grade
Aparantly Slater heard the crack and called " neck neck" dont move him.

No. Slater said on the news he thought it was a leg injury, but regardless when a players in that much pain its best not to move and let them get the medical attention they need.

macnaz

Staff member
No. Slater said on the news he thought it was a leg injury, but regardless when a players in that much pain its best not to move and let them get the medical attention they need.
Ok fair enuf,,, but i heard what i quoted.... not sure why slater would craddle a guys head if he thought he broke his leg ... either way it was a great bit of sportsmanship in what he did...

Last edited:

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
On tv Gareth Widdop said Williams said "my neck, my neck" & he said immediately Slater "basically told us to bugger off" so he could clear the space & keep him still. Quick thinking on Slater's part - nielson & widdop were right there at the tackle so I guess that's from the horse's mouth. Might of thought it was a leg injury first off until Williams said that - which in the circumstances was also very quick of Williams to communicate that.

Last edited:

macnaz

Staff member
On tv Gareth Widdop said Williams said "my neck, my neck" & he said immediately Slater "basically told us to bugger off" so he could clear the space & keep him still. Quick thinking on Slater's part - nielson & widdop were right there at the tackle so I guess that's from the horse's mouth
Thanks Cloud for clearing all that up, differant version again in the media to what id heard, but seems the neck injury was known at the time.
End of the day , the humanity that took place right there in that tackle was at odds with all the bad shit that happened at half time, funny game this is aye !

Last edited:

AceAv

Juniors
typical manly LouTs booing at every opportunity...

just when u think wolfies back he goes and cripples himself again :(

poor guy, I don't think he's meant for football....