What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wolfmother to play at grand final

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/nrl/story/0,27074,25913165-14823,00.html

Wolfmother to play at grand final

| August 11, 2009 10:31am

GRAMMY-award winning Australian band Wolfmother will perform at the NRL premiership Grand Final on October 4.

The NRL announced the band would play today, as Wolfmother launched their new album Cosmic Egg, scheduled for release on October 9.

"Were excited to have an internationally-acclaimed Australian band like Wolfmother as part of our Grand Final celebrations," NRL Director, Marketing and Commercial, Paul Kind, said.

"We believe Wolfmother are a great fit for our Rugby League audience and every fan who attends the Grand Final will certainly enjoy their performance. We will be unveiling the rest of our Grand Final entertainment program in the coming weeks."

Wolfmothers self-titled debut album sold more than 1.4 million copies worldwide and in 2007 they won a Grammy for best hard rock performance award for their song Woman.

While tickets for Wolfmothers six Australian gigs are on sale now, tickets for the 2009 NRL Telstra Premiership Grand Final will go on sale to the general public on Thursday, at 9am.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Well they definitely won't be singing "Woman" if Melbourne or Manly make the GF...

Hanscholo

Bench
I wont be watching the entertainment this year, I just cant stand the cringe of it anymore, it ruins my enjoyment of the day and the game.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Screw them, bring back Billy Idol!

he might even get to sing this time

i want the tv with all the balloons to make an appearance.

seriously i reckon a legends game like the panthers did the other night would be awesome

Dee

Juniors
The Living End last year went pretty good from what I remember. I don't mind Wolfmother, they go alright. Never seen them live though.

carcharias

Immortal
saw em live at the hordern.

they were ok ....bit thin with one guitar...the new version of the band might be different .

sting

Bench
meh, should be ok. not really fussed on pre match entertainment, etc

as long as they don't have that gronk from idol singing

Pierced Soul

First Grade
It's not like I'm going for the entertainment anyway.

thats what i dont get, why spend money on these acts when people arent going there to watch bands play anyway? the grand final itself is the event, not these bands who play 3 songs and delay the kickoff.

who the f**k goes 'oh i'll go to the gf/origin/test/game' just cos they've got band x to play'?

Paullyboy

Coach
Fair fit for the GF - I reckon that'll work well. I agree that it's great it's not some pop singer from a TV show

Mr Saab

Referee
I guarantee the crowd would be more entertained if there was

a goal kicking comp
a bomb taking comp (using that machine than can shoot the ball sky high)
a sprint race

95% of people couldnt give a f**k about the music.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The SG Ball relay always takes place on GF day if I recall correctly. Odd years they've had little comps like that. But it's kinda become a pre-requisite for all sporting codes to have some kind of entertainment pre-match on their Grand Final Day.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
I guarantee the crowd would be more entertained if there was

a goal kicking comp
a bomb taking comp (using that machine than can shoot the ball sky high)
a sprint race

95% of people couldnt give a f**k about the music.

Problem is: those that run the game don't give a f**k about the people.

Latest posts