What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WOODEN SPOON 05'.

05' WOODEN SPOON

• Roosters

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bulldogs

• Broncos

• Panthers

• Dragons

• Storm

• Cowboys

• Raiders

• Knights

• Sharks

• Eels

• Sea Eagles

• Warriors

• Souths

• Total voters

Raider_69

Post Whore
Weyman is as good as Topou, if he played for the chooks he would have been raved about. Carney was the u/19's NSW halfback and played a starring role in the NSW demolition of QLD in the curtain rasier to SOO2

we wont set the world on fire next year, we may even miss the 8, i think we'll sneak in, but we wont win the spoon. sorry to disappoint :)

Still doesn't compensate the fact you still have Mark McLinden who is the worst NRL half in 64 years.

Worse in 64 years? Your an idiot, been plenty worse
Ben Kusto anyone? :lol:

t-ba

Post Whore
I'm happy to go with everything else the Raiders supporters are saying, but this particular gem had me in stitches :lol:

raiders_lover_18 said:
- We have the best PL team in the competition and our Pl team could beat many first grade teams on their day!

There's a forum guideline against excessive smilies so just imagine 100 LOL ones...

1 St George Illawarra Dragons 43
2 Sydney Roosters 43

*An absolute sh-tload of daylight*

*Some more Daylight*

*Be here for a while*

*Almost there*

*Sun's coming over the Horizon*

3 Manly Warringah Sea Eagles 35
4 Canberra Raiders 34

Raider_69

Post Whore
To be fair T-ba
we are reigning champs
and from that team we have lost our havles combo to other clubs (Van Dijk - Logan Souths, Mick Monnas - Manly), top point scorer (Matt Gafa --> Firsts), Top try scorer (Rod Jenson --> Cowboys) and alot of forwards have played sections of the year in firsts... so its understandable that we didnt go to well in the regular season, also we had a fairly piss poor start to a season, took a while for Carney to gel with the team

Now with our top squad gorn we get our best PL team on the paddock and are looking to bad to go back to back, gotta beat the Dragons tomorrow thou which will IMO decide the champ :clap:

t-ba

Post Whore
You are reigning champs, but in comps like PL it doesn't matter. Squads are so fluid it's impossible to gauge form from one season to another. We finished 6th or so in '02, 2nd last last year and 3rd this year.

The Roosters and the Dragons have been far and away the best PL teams this year. It will be a shock if either lose.

Special K

Coach
Raider_69 said:
Weyman is as good as Topou, if he played for the chooks he would have been raved about. Carney was the u/19's NSW halfback and played a starring role in the NSW demolition of QLD in the curtain rasier to SOO2
Weyman is good but he will never be as good as Tupou. For starters he is always hurt and doesn't have the amount of raw talent Tupou has with the staff to make him better.

Greg Bird has been captain of the Australian schoolboys, the current u/20s captain with 40 plus first grade games and when he was linked to your club your fans laughed. He is the best 6 for his age group but that has not made him a game breaker in the nrl like he is in PL and was in flegg. Same with Aitken. He was scoring 3 tries a game a in 2002 was it? Rated as the best jnr since ET. Has not done anything in the top grade. Carney going well against a u/19 QLD is well and good but it does not mean he will be a star.. Esp since he gets the last 10 minutes per game down there ;-)

Raider_69

Post Whore
Yea well our coaches ineptatude will only slow carney, it wont stop him from fulfilling potential, beauty is even if carney dosnt work out Dobson, Zillman and Campeese are also coming throu, all fantastic halves prospects. And even with limited game time, when Carney has been on the feild we looked so much more dangerous, why he hasnt got more is a question only elliot can answer... f**king idiotic if you ask me

Weyman does have injury concerns but if they are kept at bay then he WILL play for australia, he is an animal

Raider_69

Post Whore
bloody hell
our PL team just went down to the dragons
ahh well, a good season none the less, i think the dragons are gonna be hard to beat with the aid of their finge first graders

Iafeta

Referee
Raider_69 said:

we wont set the world on fire next year, we may even miss the 8, i think we'll sneak in, but we wont win the spoon. sorry to disappoint :)

Still doesn't compensate the fact you still have Mark McLinden who is the worst NRL half in 64 years.

Most of your own fans will agree, Mark McLinden is the worst half in 64 years. Thats no exaggeration, I could throw Darrell Brohman into halfback for Canberra and he'd have more of an idea. And he's in his mid 40s and overweight.

McLinden has speed that he barely uses, is a speed hump on defence, has a very ordinary kicking game and doesn't know how to set up men on the fringes.

Iafeta

Referee
t-ba the hutt said:
I'm happy to go with everything else the Raiders supporters are saying, but this particular gem had me in stitches :lol:

raiders_lover_18 said:
- We have the best PL team in the competition and our Pl team could beat many first grade teams on their day!

There's a forum guideline against excessive smilies so just imagine 100 LOL ones...

1 St George Illawarra Dragons 43
2 Sydney Roosters 43

*An absolute sh-tload of daylight*

*Some more Daylight*

*Be here for a while*

*Almost there*

*Sun's coming over the Horizon*

3 Manly Warringah Sea Eagles 35
4 Canberra Raiders 34

Facts - don't you just love them :lol: Coincidentally, Canberra's PL team is gooorrrrrne.

groggo

Juniors
so 38 people hate manly so far lol i thought we had more than that

judging a final figures for a year that hasnt started

PRICELESS :music1: :thumnn :music1: :nwave:

Edwahu

Bench
Canberra will be ok, we have not gone near a spoon in 20 years and we wont be near one next year. Davico and Wiki will be huge losses but at least, unless Elliot is insane, it will force us to play a different style of game and alot of players will appreciate getting the chance to play real football. If we get an ok run with injuries we will make the eight.

GOATUS

Juniors
my perdiction for season ending 05

1.Cowboys
2.Broncos
3.West tigers
4.Storm
5.Souths
6.Penrith
7.Manly
8.Canberra
9.Warriors
10.Newcastle
11.Cronulla
12.Parramatta
13.St George
14.Bulldogs
15.Roosters

redVgirl

Juniors
lordy i have no idea! footy has become rather unpredictable of late. i dont know about you guys but i dont think many people expected the panthers to go from wooden spooners to premiers in such a short time. and look how amazing the cowboys are! we can analyse this all we want, but when it comes down to it....the more unpredictable the comp is, the BETTER it is :D

i dont really care, as long as the dragons dont choke like they did this year. and for the sake of my best friend ( a rabid parra supporter) i hope the eels manage to stop disgracing themselves..lol! they have some great new players coming in (waaah they took riddell from the dragons!) so hopefully they get their act together.

on a more pressing note...whats the theme song gonna be for next year? hahah! i hope they aren't gonna keep recycling 'thats my team'. bring back barnsey and tina turner.... ;-)

Kris_man

Bench
- Weyman may or may not be as good as Anthony Tupou, but this doesn't matter, because you don't have to be as freakish as Tupou to be a good player. weyman is still an excellent prop forward. judging by his 2004 performances alone, however, he is as good as any other prop in the game (forget young props, this guy can match it with anyone). he's certainly been better than Tronc, and was better with the ball in his hands than Asotasi.
- I agree with the general theme that PL success counts very little towards first grade success, especially when the Raiders aren't even doing particulary well in PL. if they were gunning it the way tha the Roosters were gunning it in jersey flegg, then i might get excited, but thats just not the case. The thing is, every club has their "potential" guns, but its the first grade squad that matters. even if you did have an awesome PL side (which we don't at the Raiders), then you'd be looking at capitalising on that in the next couple of years, not the very next year.
- From what i've seen, Terry Campese has potential, but would not make much of an impact in firsts. Todd Carney looks great and will definitely be a regular first grader, but whether he'll be among the top first grade halves is another matter.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Iafeta said:
Raider_69 said:

Most of your own fans will agree, Mark McLinden is the worst half in 64 years. Thats no exaggeration, I could throw Darrell Brohman into halfback for Canberra and he'd have more of an idea. And he's in his mid 40s and overweight.

McLinden has speed that he barely uses, is a speed hump on defence, has a very ordinary kicking game and doesn't know how to set up men on the fringes.

No most of our fans will say he is a poor half back, however the worst in 64 years proves what little knowledge you have about the game, hell there has been worse this year at our club - namely brad Drew and even he is shamed by the likes of Ben Kusto

And yea our PL team went down last night, i said it before and ill say it again, the winner of that match will go all the way, the title is the dragons IMO

pantherdan

tiped souths but i would find it quite ammusing with the roosters "top" line up if they got the spoon...but i just dont think that will happen