What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wooden Spoon 2011

Cagey Mac

Bench
Sharks but Cowboys are a real show too and perhaps an even better chance given SOO roster losses
The caveat being Smith's propensity to spend half the season in rehab or even suspension if the loss upon loss scenario gets him angry

Tim Smith

Juniors
I want to say Sharks but they have improved their pack for this season and Wade Graham could be a great buy.

I'll go with Cowboys

Quigs

Immortal
"Already St George Leagues Club has said it will be withdrawing its $3 million annual support of the Dragons when mandatory pre-commitment technology starts. That means the current NRL premiers will either fold or be sold into private ownership." - Executive Director of ClubsAustralia Anthony Ball

I think it has been close to 4 decades since the mighty Stand Alone Non Merged Soon to be Filthy rich Cronulla Sharks got the wooden spoon.

I could be wrong but perhaps some of you might like to do some googling.

Anyhow my hope is the Hartleys of Brookvale. They rate in my book as high as the non Illawarra half of the merger.

Father Ted

First Grade
"Already St George Leagues Club has said it will be withdrawing its $3 million annual support of the Dragons when mandatory pre-commitment technology starts. That means the current NRL premiers will either fold or be sold into private ownership." - Executive Director of ClubsAustralia Anthony Ball

I think it has been close to 4 decades since the mighty Stand Alone Non Merged Soon to be Filthy rich Cronulla Sharks got the wooden spoon.

I could be wrong but perhaps some of you might like to do some googling.

Anyhow my hope is the Hartleys of Brookvale. They rate in my book as high as the non Illawarra half of the merger.

If your googling Cronulla wins your obviously in the Disney or dreamworks websites . If you want to keep your cred old boy never use cronulla and mighty in the same sentence :D

dovif

Juniors
Quigs

How about we have a bet whether the Sharks will last longer then the Dragons in the competition?

If the Dragons get into financial trouble, I bet a lot of people, will come to our rescue, becuase we have tradition and we have history

If the Shares get into financial trouble, unless superleague happens again, most people will just say thank god or good riddance.

This is the difference between a winning team and a team which wins F all

I know its early days but on the weekends form Penrith have to be thrown into the mix.

Im still backing the Scum by the ever popular country mile. Every other loosing side could take some positive out of round one.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Quigsy, you seem attracted to a thread about wooden spoons.

Is it a comfort zone thing about being on the bottom? Or is there some far deeper and personal attraction to kitchen utensils?

saint tone

Juniors
Can someone tell me what the Hell A Sharkie is? Is it something that delves at the bottom of the ocean? :D Just like their footy team!

Last edited:

Cagey Mac

Bench
Interesting, the mindsets of the two clubs who floundered and foundered on their maiden voyages of 2011
Penrith's coach cops it and suggests that he be hoist with his own petard
Shane Flanagan gets another one year extension on his contract
Such are the expectations of the beleaguered few who are about to be engulfed and snuffed out and soon forgotten. None too soon!

Latest posts