What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wooden spoon question

taxidriver

Coach
most of us know Saints have won the most Grand Finals and the Bunnies have the most Premierships but wooden spoon stats aren't so prevelant. Does anyone know where I can get a tally of wooden spoons for each club ?

taxidriver

Coach
had a crack at doing it myself

Wests 17
Parra 11
University 10
Norths 9
Newtown 8
Souths 8
Balmain 4
Dogs 4
Roosters 4
Annandale 3
Saints 3
panthers 3
Steelers 3
Gold Coast 3
Cowboys 3
sharks 2
crushers 2
Cumberland 1
Raiders 1
Knights 1

yobbo84

Coach
To think Souths only got 5 spoons between 1908 and 1999, and 3 between 2002-2006. Ouch.

Kiwi

First Grade
Broncos - 0
Manly - 0
Warriors - 0
Storm - 0

Who will get it first? My money is on warriors or manly

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
Harold Bishop said:
Manly - 0

Mate of mine has had $50 on Manly to win the spoon at 80-1.
He reckons with BK gone, they're a bit thin on for grunt plus very little depth - already Matai, Orford, Beaver in trouble.

taxidriver

Coach
Kiwi - while News Ltd continue to grace News Ltd with that monopoly in Brissie, that zero is pretty safe

RainMan

Juniors
Kiwi said:
Broncos - 0
Manly - 0
Warriors - 0
Storm - 0

Who will get it first? My money is on warriors or manly

Compare the years in the competition for each team.

Manly - 60
Broncs - 20?
Storm - 10?
Warriors - 10?

skeepe

Immortal
St George Illawarra and Wests Tigers would also be on 0... although the Dragons will change that this season.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
skeepe said:
St George Illawarra ... would also be on 0

Actually, stats wise that is not true. When the clubs merged they were regarded stats wise as both clubs continuing as 1 club not as a new club. I think you will find that the St George Illawarra Dragons stats wise have the combined stats of both member clubs.

yobbo84

Coach
Natalie's Daddy said:
Actually, stats wise that is not true. When the clubs merged they were regarded stats wise as both clubs continuing as 1 club not as a new club. I think you will find that the St George Illawarra Dragons stats wise have the combined stats of both member clubs.

Wrong. As far as official Stats are concerned, the St George Illawarra Dragons are a new club, separate to the old St George and Illawarra. They have 0 premierships, 0 spoons. We've all argued the semantics before and what we believe should happen, but as far as official statistics are concerned, this is the case.

Hutty1986

Immortal
skeepe said:
St George Illawarra and Wests Tigers would also be on 0... although the Dragons will change that this season.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You sure know your footy *pats head*

tbone10

Juniors
Rockin Ronny said:
Mate of mine has had $50 on Manly to win the spoon at 80-1.
He reckons with BK gone, they're a bit thin on for grunt plus very little depth - already Matai, Orford, Beaver in trouble.

seems as though your mate has wasted his 50 bucks

Latest posts