What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wooden Spoon

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I can’t help but feel sorry for Parra fans right now. Kinda like us ever since that 2001 grand final not much has gone right for them and their team has slowly faded into perennially making up the numbers in the comp. I know they made the GF again in 2009 but lost it again only to find out later they were up against a team over the cap which must have hurt even more knowing the opposition was deliberately cheating.

Dead set, in 17 years since they lost against us in that GF they’ve only played in the finals maybe 4 or 5 times and they’re on track for a 3rd wooden spoon during that time too.

They seem like such a proud club with a proud history (like us) but with a recent history of being a basket case off the field which has flowed down to the on field performances during that time. There’s been a couple of false dawns in there’s too which would just make it more painful.

It’s not so much the club but the fans that’s I feel sorry for.

Spot On

Coach
Its srarts at the top and thst has been a mess for a long, long tume at Parra.

Their 'culture' in the playing group is rank imo. You don't need to be clever to know why either.

Big part of that issue has stemmed from retention and recruitment.

Nuke

Staff member
I can’t help but feel sorry for Parra fans right now. Kinda like us ever since that 2001 grand final not much has gone right for them and their team has slowly faded into perennially making up the numbers in the comp. I know they made the GF again in 2009 but lost it again only to find out later they were up against a team over the cap which must have hurt even more knowing the opposition was deliberately cheating.

Dead set, in 17 years since they lost against us in that GF they’ve only played in the finals maybe 4 or 5 times and they’re on track for a 3rd wooden spoon during that time too.

They seem like such a proud club with a proud history (like us) but with a recent history of being a basket case off the field which has flowed down to the on field performances during that time. There’s been a couple of false dawns in there’s too which would just make it more painful.

It’s not so much the club but the fans that’s I feel sorry for.
Likewise.
I don't dislike Parra. Probably one of the clubs I'll tend to go for most weeks ... so long as they're not playing Newcastle! They have such a devoted fanbase, which, although not on our scale, can be compared. There are so many clubs I'd love to see win wooden spoons before I get to Parramatta, so I don't like seeing them be awarded it this year. I even, stupidly, tipped them this weekend! Boy, I got that one wrong!!

Knight Vision

First Grade

Latest posts