What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Woods swap for Tuitavake

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
The current players are St George Illawarra, St George has been consigned to history, just ask the NRL, they credit us with 1 premiership. Gordon tallis makes a point to remind every one he never played for St George Illawarra
Good for them. I don’t give a rats ar*e what Gordan Tallis thinks or says. It is true that he did play for St George - when he wasn't sooking during his year off. St George Illawarra is as close as I can get to my original team, so they are combined for me. You can think what you like!

possm

Coach
I'd like to see Fifita join De Belin for the bench in the prop rotation as soon as possible:
F Molo
Lawrie
De Blin
Fifita

Should be a great prop rotation.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
So you'd drop Kerr who has been outstanding for someone who got here a week ago? If injury strikes he may get an opportunity, but Kerr no where near deserves to be dropped.
Maybe Possm thinks we got D Fifita instead of V Fifita? You are right @Parko1310 , Kerr has had his best season so far. It appears as if he has finally understood what his role is. His offload to Sloan and the subsequent try against the Dolphins was a joy to watch.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Hewi, I hear you but can we wait another 6-8 weeks.

Kerr has been at the club for a few years now and generally failed to impress.

Is it a coincidence it’s a contract year ?
No, he is finally maturing as a Prop, same as Lawrie, also was stuffed around when Hook tried to turn him into an edge forward, now settled, if he continues he deserves another contract, we have invested 6 or so years, now we should be hitting paydirt with him..

Walpole

Juniors
Lawrie at 26 and Kerr at 27 finally seems to be hitting their straps, perhaps like a lot of props we just needed to be patient with them. Lawrie in particular looks to have really settled in to a leadership role, maybe some of that early work with James Graham rubbed off on him.

Mojo

Bench
Lawrie at 26 and Kerr at 27 finally seems to be hitting their straps, perhaps like a lot of props we just needed to be patient with them. Lawrie in particular looks to have really settled in to a leadership role, maybe some of that early work with James Graham rubbed off on him.
Just for fun (and fairness): the squad has, overall, improved under Hook, admittedly partly due to inevitabilities, such as Norman not being renewed and Macca retiring, but they're a pretty decent bunch of players now. I can't blame him for all things bad and at the same time assume he's had no involvement in an overall improvement.
(Wait for it! I'm now going to hide behind the lounge).

qld redvee

Juniors
whats really strange is how hook played kerr in 21 as an edge backrower, last year he couldnt get a look in for some reason this year he has bounced back into the 17 and is playing really well ,,, what happened to him last year or was it woods getting the pick

Mojo

Bench
whats really strange is how hook played kerr in 21 as an edge backrower, last year he couldnt get a look in for some reason this year he has bounced back into the 17 and is playing really well ,,, what happened to him last year or was it woods getting the pick
Maybe he needed the gee-up to lift his game.

jodragon40

Juniors
we have beaten the Titans and an understrength Dolphins. I mentioned in another post before the season started that I expected to be on 12 pts by round 12 so we are on target for that result and to be out of contention for semi finals football again this season. The stat's for yesterday showed that 4 forwards ran for the 100m led by Lawrie on 154m, in saying that about Lawrie he is a coaches dream for finding that toiler, that workhorse in your engine room but he is not the forward who is going to win you a crunch match like say Hass. MM had his best game for us, Molo was good . Suli was very good, obviously a bit embarrassed about the leaked interview ran for 198m and Hunt well he ran the ball and was outstanding . There is something not quite right with Lomax, to me it's something personal he just seems outside the inner circle, and not comfortable in his new position. Rav was back to the Rav of old. I liked what I saw of young Couchman he is a keeper moving into the future. JDB sparked a lot of the edge 2nd phase plays, he looked very fit to me, we have missed him. We had all the ball in the 2nd half and with that breeze behind us we were never going to lose that game.We had 56% of the ball completed at 86% and obviously ran for 430m more than they did. We only missed 21 tackles this week compared to 39 against the Sharks. Next week Titans again who are coming off the bye and I'll be in the stands.

Reactions: jak

SEAT 1A

Bench
Kerr has played his best footy this year.

The team hasn't lost anything when he comes on and he has increased his fitness. Strong in both attack and defence and he's played rep football.

All ticks, so I can't see what he needs to do, as I thought he be going to the Dolphins.

jeffdragon

Bench
Kerr has played his best footy this year.

The team hasn't lost anything when he comes on and he has increased his fitness. Strong in both attack and defence and he's played rep football.

All ticks, so I can't see what he needs to do, as I thought he be going to the Dolphins.
For me he seems to stop just as he hits the defensive line instead of using his size to crack the defence.

I know it is only early days, but Kerr appears to be on the way to finally bringing a level of consistency to his game this season.
One thing I do want to give Kerr a wrap for is every time I have ever seen or heard him interviewed he always talks about how much he enjoys playing for the Dragons and being around the playing group in general.
I really think he wants to stay with us, possibly through to the end of his playing days.

Jim Dragons

Juniors
I know it is only early days, but Kerr appears to be on the way to finally bringing a level of consistency to his game this season.
One thing I do want to give Kerr a wrap for is every time I have ever seen or heard him interviewed he always talks about how much he enjoys playing for the Dragons and being around the playing group in general.
I really think he wants to stay with us, possibly through to the end of his playing days.
Kerr's improvement on a contract year screams 12 months extension with 12 month Club Option triggered by performance