What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Woolford guilty

Raider Azz

Bench
That is a f**king joke. They are going to appeal it and rightfully so. I don't disagree that he should be suspended, but 8 weeks is a farce. it was a 3 week offence at most. The farce that is the NRL judicary strikes again.

Hurriflatch

Referee
actually it's Wollfords poor record that strikes again.

We can argue if it's fair that Woolford's prior offences should count against him and make his suspension for this charge longer but the fact is at the moment they do count and considering Woolford had the prior offences and 95 carry over points it was going to be a big issue for him.

I agree that the system is a joke but the fact is if Woolford hadn't had so many charges in the past this may well have only been a couple of games out.

BAY72

Juniors
I still don't get how a solid tackle (IMO) can get more than, an eye gouge???

One is malicious and deliberate, and the other is a solid tackle that landed badly.

always a raider

Juniors
that is unbelievable, so that will make it nearly half the season he misses due to suspension. the system really needs to be changed, i dont beleive that any of his offences where intentional.

aussies1st

Staff member
Never helps when Woolford has been to the judiciary more times than any other player. But 8 weeks for a tackle like that definitely not fair. For 8 weeks you expect a real dangerous tackle not what woolford did

Raider_69

Post Whore
blantant Eye Gouge = 6 weeks
unintentional, uncontrolable tackle = 8 weeks

hmmm something is a miss

skeepe

Immortal
Raider_69 said:
blantant Eye Gouge = 6 weeks
unintentional, uncontrolable tackle = 8 weeks

hmmm something is a miss

You forgot to mention:

blatant spear tackle (Crocker) = 2 weeks.